FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » In Need of Prayers
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 am 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: In Need of Prayers Reply with quote

JD-Dill

Hello Blue Family,

My son Andrew is in the hospital in Wichita, KS after a hunting accident this past Sunday.  As it stands right now he will keep his left foot but the damage is extensive.  The surgeries and therapy that he has ahead of him are going to test every fiber in his being.  I can attest, first hand, to what a 12 Gauge shotgun will do to human flesh and it's not pretty.  They are scheduled to move him this weekend to either Birmingham or New Orleans to a Level 1 Trauma Center to conduct micro vascular repair and to attach a "muscle flap" as part of the foot/leg reconstruction.  They say that's a 6 to 7 hour surgical process.  I have not been able to get to him yet since I can't seem to get my company to let me have the time off.  Christopher, my oldest son, saved his life last Sunday and has been by his side ever since.  Please keep Andrew, Christopher, and all of our family in your prayers.  Also, pray that my company will come around and grant me the time to be with him.
Love Ya BLUE!!!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Change of Location Reply with quote

JD-Dill

Hello Again Family,
They have decided to move Andrew to Kansas City, Kansas to a trauma specialty unit and he's already on the way.  I will be headed down there Tuesday afternoon since my job has allowed me the time off.  Here's a question:  is anyone in the area???  Let me know and thanks for the prayers.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Sorry to hear about this, JD.  We'll pray for you and your family.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola-Ross-00

JD,
I'm near St. Louis, on the Illinois side near Scott.  If you head thru this way and need anything, give us a call.  H: 618-233-5538.  That's our home #, but Bobby and I both work during the day, so anytime after 5pm is good.  I'll pray things go well w/your son.  Keep us posted.
Love ya Bro.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahlil Ashanti

JD,

I ain't got the words man.  Having just become a father myself I can imagine that what you're feeling is nothing short of fear, complete meltdown or even frustration.

Please tell li'l Andrew that he's made of the good stuff, and we'll keep him lifted up.  He will pull through.

Sending Blue love from New Zealand!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellee-Ryan-95

JD, I'm sorry to hear about your son...of course he's in my prayers!  

The Wolverine of Love

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: prayers Reply with quote

Derrick-Wright-89/90

JD,

We pray for healing and comfort during this journey.  keep your head up my brother.

DERRICK WRIGHT
TIB 89 & 90

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: UPDATE ON ANDREW Reply with quote

JD-Dill

Hello BLUE Family!!!!  First let me say thank you to God for all his blessings and to you, my BLUE family, for your prayers, thoughts, and kind words.  I also should apologize for now giving an update before now.  Andrew had his reconstructive surgery on 3 Aug 09.  The surgery took 9 hours and I felt every second from start to finish.  They changed plans on me at the last minute and sent him to Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, KS and it was a blessing in disguise.  His surgeon is the top neuro-vascular doc in the country and everything went amazingly well.  He has been recovering and the prognosis couldn't be better.  Not only is he keeping his foot/leg; he'll walk normally (not even a limp) within the year, be able to run, play sports, etc.....What an amazing GOD we have!!!!!!  Andrew is scheduled for his next surgery this Tuesday.  They are rebuilding his left arm which was the donor site for his leg/foot.  This surgery is only scheduled to last 2 hours at the most.  Please lift him up again in your prayers and I promise to keep you posted on a more regular basis.  Thank you again for all your prayers and trust me, there is no better family than this amazing group of people known to the world as TOPS IN BLUE!!!!  Chief, if you're reading this, thank you just doesn't quite seem to do it.  You know how I feel.  More later and as always......LOVE YA BLUE!!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

JD,

Praise God, for He is truly awesome!  Jeff and I are glad to hear that your son is doing well and that his prognosis is so positive!  We will continue to lift y'all up in prayer...

Love to you and your family...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirwalt23

JD... you already know we got your back and more importantly, GOD has got your back!  

You be strong and your kids will follow your lead!  If you need anything, holla!  If I ain't got it, I know some who does.  (Most likely Mario, he has everything!)

Peace & Laughter,
Walt
www.str8silly.com

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: UPDATE #2 on ANDREW Reply with quote

JD-Dill

Hello out there in the Land Of BLUE!!!
Once again....GOD IS GOOD!!!!  Andrew came through his surgery this past Tuesday with flying colors and it looks like he'll be back home within the next 10 days.  The doctor is amazed and how wonderful everything looks and went for Drew.  Somehow, I'm not that amazed.  Having faith in God and knowing that he will never give me or my family more than we can handle is more amazing to me!!!
Thank you all so much for the prayers and support.  You truly are amazing in your own right.  Once he gets home he faces some major physical therapy.  The doctor said he would get back to about 85% of what he was before all of this happened.  In true ANDREW style he told the doctor that when he gets back to 100% he's going to go back and kick him in the butt with his "85%" leg.  Please keep him and all of us in your prayers!!!!

Hey K'HILL:  Andrew says to tell you he's not little anymore.  I told him compared to us old farts he always will be.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Andrew is off of his crutches Reply with quote

JD-Dill

Hello there Family!!!
I got a call from Andrew this morning.  He arrived back home to Mississippi the end of September and has been doing physical therapy since.  He is now officially out of the chair and off of the crutches.  He's walking without a limp and it looks like he'll be back to 99/100% by the end of the year.  GOD IS GOOD!!!!!  Thank you family for all the prayers, thoughts, and emails.  How would I have gotten throught this without you??  It is so awesome to be BLUE!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Hey JD,

It's almost been a year....how's your son doing?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD-Dill

He is doing AMAZING!!!!  Since last Thanksgiving he has been running and doing his thing.  It is really a miracle that he recovered as well as he did.  The physical therapy he had was extremely tough but he actually excelled, worked his butt off and it paid off.  He's a normal kid with absolutely no lasting issues.  GOD IS GOOD.

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » In Need of Prayers
 Page 1 of 1