FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » WWTC Experiences » WWTC Flooring question.....
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: WWTC Flooring question..... Reply with quote

Katie-Badowski-10

Hi All,
I have a unique question.   I am working on my talent submission for WWTC 09.  I am planning on submitting a dance audition among other things.  My main issue right now is deciding on what style of dance I want to use.   I would like to know, if anyone knows what kind of flooring is used by TIB?  Is it a multipurpose floor or is it know to become slippery with use?  I know the last time I danced on the floor  I used a rubber soled shoe and it was fine.    I am looking at possible being barefoot or or using a canvas type shoe.    Thanks,
Katie

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Flooring Reply with quote

Bobby-Washington-Jr-05

Hey Katie'

Hope this helps some. Although I'm not a dancer, as you already know, the dancefloor that they typically used or use is a shiny vinyl-like floor mating. When in brand new condition, it could be slippery, pending on the shoes, of course.

Some vocalistas may be able to help you out more in this department.

..."Its All Relative....But, It's Not Negative".....

TOP View user's profileSend private message Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

TIB uses actual "dance floor".  The only times I've ever seen it get slippery is in bad weather conditions while outdoors...something that rarely happens in the Bob Hope Theatre.  We also sweep the stage before shows, so there's minimal dust build up.  

If you're going to try barefoot, make sure your feet are up to it...don't just decide to do it at the last minute.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Katie-Badowski-10

Thanks Kerri,
I figured TIB had the real thing.  I was just making sure on the floor type.  I do want to dance barefoot.  I know the feet can take a beating if used on the wrong floor.  Some dance floors are sticker then others depending on the type of dancing.  Good to know this is not the case.
Katie

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » WWTC Experiences » WWTC Flooring question.....
 Page 1 of 1