FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Family Corner » Help, The questions of a scared wife.
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Help, The questions of a scared wife. Reply with quote

Daniel-Lawson

Hey everyone!!! I am a spouse of a Airman that is going to the WWTC, and am scared to death!!! I am the reason he even is trying out but... being the wife no one is telling me anything. I know there is still chance he wont make it but I am the type of person that just likes to know whats going to happen. Plans... what happens if he were to make it? Would he be gone the whole 11 months? Can we go see them while on tour? The reason I have so many questions is because I work for a corp. company and work on average 50+ hours a week.  I have to plan ahead, sadly i wont be able to go to support him at the WWTC because I didnt get enough notice. Sad So can anyone give me a TIB 101 course on what to do, expect, pray for, anything? I am a strong believer in following your dreams, my husband is so in to this he is working out 2 a day and dancing all the time! Practice Practice Practice... When he talks to people he is so excited and i think he forgets to ask about all the things that involve "home", "Wife", and "Baby" (our maltese child no humans yet). Thank you for anyone that reply's to this. Oh by the way, This is my hubbys Log in I have tried twice and I guess it doesnt like me or something. My name is Gena not Daniel (thats hubby)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel-Lawson

I guess I should put my email so you can answer me and not him Prissy_Chick18@hotmail.com
Thank You
Gena

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Umm. I'll give what I can....Paging Libby Castle!!!! Reply with quote

Bobby-Washington-Jr-05

Greetings Gena'

I will assist as best as possible. Although I am NOT married, I know of some that toured with myself, 2005 to be exact, that will be able to relate more and help prepare for any "unforseen circumstances" should he progress and make It. And trust, as you have eluded to it already, there will be some, mos' definitely.

The greatest advice I have to anybody whether "accompanied or unaccompanied" is "SUPPORT, UNDERSTANDING AND COMMUNICATION. STRESSING "COMMUNICATION".

Hopefully, my blue sister Libby is reading this and thus, will be able to relate and assist you more than I.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more assistance. But worry NOT, Help is on the way.

Bobby 05'...And the Beat......

..."Its All Relative....But, It's Not Negative".....

TOP View user's profileSend private message Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Bobby,

You know me too well...

Gena,

This can be very scary not only for the TIB hopeful, but for the support team at home.  It is you that has to deal with the emotional roller coaster that has already started and will happen throughout the audition process.  The simple fact that you reached out speaks volumes about your willingness to support your spouse through this process.

With that being said, the best advice I can give you is to be flexible.  Please understand that Worldwide is a very fast-paced and grueling process.  When I say to you that they will be worked from sun up to sun down, it is not a exaggeration.  It is amazing how many people we tell that to and when reality hits them, it's still a surprise.  So when you don't get regularly scheduled phone calls or lengthy conversations, it's not because they're out partying it up, but because they only have a week to work with their team leaders to perfect their act.  And the team leaders are really stressing them out with making so many changes or stretching their abilities.  It is a lot of work/stress in a very short period of time.  Not only are they working on their act, they are getting head shots done for the shows, costuming fittings for TIB gear, Interviews, vocal auditions, specialty auditions, dance auditions, clinics.  I hope this gives you an idea of what their days are going to be.  And after all that, the team leaders get them at night and work until they get what they need to get done.  

And that's just Worldwide.  If selected for TIB, there's a whole other schedule.  But, let's just get through Worldwide.  

This program is wonderful.  We talk about the sacrifices that the military member makes to be able to be a part of such a great tradition.  But, sometimes, I feel, that the family left behind are the ones who make the greatest sacrifice.  It is the military member who gets the applause and that-a-boy, while the spouse and the children wait in silence for the phone to ring.  But I can guarantee that the pride that you get to say that your spouse competed at the AF Worldwide Talent Competition and if he makes it, then touring with TIB...will be worth it all.

We are also a wonderful family of priors and those that have never toured (adopted, I call 'em).  If you need any assistance, shout out.  We are very open and genuinely want to help.  

If there's anything I can do to help you, please let me know.  I hope this helped alleviate your fears.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel-Lawson

Thank you for everything!!! I know its not going to be easy. Anytime someone you love wants something so bad, and you cant physically be there to support them its hard. I know you all are very close and take care of each other, as I see from the bulletins. I just pray its a positive experience for Daniel (WWTC), with a chance for him to see he can use his passion (Dance) to do things and go to places. I will pray for the men and women that are going to be in the WWTC and all the Priors and People helping!!! Good Luck!!!
Gena

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Family Corner » Help, The questions of a scared wife.
 Page 1 of 1