FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TIB Documentary-Priors mount up!
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:08 am 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: TIB Documentary-Priors mount up! Reply with quote

Kahlil Ashanti

Hey everybody,

Want to ask all the priors to dig into your hotmail, yahoo,gmail,aol, myspace, facebook, whatever accounts and spread the word about the upcoming documentary.  Send it to people you toured with.  We begin filming at the 2007 Air Force Worldwide Talent Contest, and it will be here before you know it.  We have emailed every prior in the TIB database but I know there are still some out there who may not check the board on a regular basis.

Just to clarify a few things:

-This documentary is not an 'expose' on TIB.  We're not tryin to put any dirt out in the street about what we did or don't want anybody to know we did on our tours.  (we would probably run out of tape-that stuff is a movie by itself. Can I get an Amen?)  The idea behind this documentary is that by providing an honest in-depth perspective about TIB and what it does for people the audience will feel like they have discovered something wonderful.  

-I have spoken with Mr Edwards and Jeri and they are completely supportive of 'keeping it real' as long as the image of TIB and the Air Force is protected and we will absolutely honor their wishes.  

-There is a certain magic to Tops In Blue, the fact that its our world and in many ways its a best kept secret and I couldn't agree more.  But if we don't get the word out and support TIB and this documentary it will stay a secret and in my humble opinion that's just not good enough.

Make It Happen.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: TIB Documentary-Priors mount up! Reply with quote

Kahlil Ashanti

Thanks everybody...

Getting lots of stories from priors as far back as 1973.  Its all good.  I know that between jobs, kids, life, etc it may be tedious to sit and actually write out the stories but believe me it will all be worth it.  Thank you to those who have responded and taken the time to write.  There is still plenty of time so please keep them comin.  Anybody know how to find Bob Brech and Jerry Kealler?

Make It Happen.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: TIB Documentary-Priors mount up! Reply with quote

Kahlil Ashanti

Hi all,

The stories are coming in, a little slower than anticipated but we appreciate all that we receive.  Just wanted to clarify that just because you send in a story doesn't mean we're going to take it directly from the page to the screen.  The idea is to edit the story for any content that may be harmful to TIB or the AF and delete it...we will concentrate on the human experience - what TIB does for PEOPLE, how this experience with TIB affected you or changed those around you.  Rest assured that nobody involved with making this happen intends to harm the TIB or Air Force image in any way.  Its not an expose.  We will go through all the stories and those that are selected will be told by the person who experienced them, on camera.  If you can't come to use we'll come to you.  So keep them coming, no need to make them perfect because imperfections are human and that's what we're looking for.

Keep the stories comin to tibdocumentary@yahoo.com.

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TIB Documentary-Priors mount up!
 Page 1 of 1