FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » An amazing success story of a prior who would not give up!
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm 

How many of you saw Paula Abdul do that interview about her job on AI on latenight TV?
How many saw it?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
How many missed it?
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
How many don't care?
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
How many liked what she had to say?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
How many thought she was too fake (like AI)?
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
How many thought she was funny re; falling asleep during judging certain bad acts!
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: An amazing success story of a prior who would not give up! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Hey Blue,

"Long time no post!" But that doesn't mean I'm not out here watchin' over the Blue "youngins" (sic) and being a good sheppard in case someone needs some help.

Anyway, been pretty busy lately with the mundane life, and I accidentally came across this link with a great and AMAZING success story about one of our own, and how he came back from a tragic letdown in 1986 (the 1st year I toured incidentally) and came back to let them know that he was not yet finished with the program and that he had indeed been misjudged and wrongly labeled as one with an attitude (or "attytood" as they say here in the Philly vernacular...laughs!).

Well, although I never toured with this man, (i was on the other cast - overseas) I respect him for his determination and his incredible drive, spirit and new attitude. This is truly a great success story, and a very RARE one ndeed! Especially considering the way he rebounded from a certain death-sentence of being sent home and banished from our incredible Blue family many moons ago on his first time out!

www.hanscom.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123033728
  (Hope i got that link right...if not I'll repost it below):

MAN....that's gotta be tough on a person! And to come back like this and prove 'em all wrong, is.....we'll......it is what it is.....and I'll just let you all decide what you think of this story. It's incredible to me! And again, i really did not know the man personaly myself, even though he toured the same year I did back in the day! Back then, we rarely got to see or interact with the other cast since we both had tight schedules and since both tours were operating in different universes on opposite sides of the planet!...literally! etc.

Okay, enough chit-chat about the "good ol' daze" (sic). i know you Prior youngins don't wanna hear too much from us pre-internet old foggies about how things were back before they had hard-hats and motorized winches, and wireless mics etc. Not to mention VELCRO stage props and cordless power tools to assemble the sets! Yeesh.....you kids got it MADE IN THE SHADE YO! Can you say "Home Depot on wheels" 07 staging crew???? Because that's what you all have to work with nowadays! Man you guys got the WHOLE DANG TOOL SHED backstage yo!!!! Dang! We had a few pairs of Vice Grips and some socket (ratchet) wrenches! No frills and very low-tech compared to the Nascar pit crews you all have backstage now!!!!! laughs! If I'm lyin' I'm flyin' yall!!!! And I'm not talking Black and Decker Toyobi drills either.....I'm talkin' DeWalt tools! The good stuff! Man I would have KILLED for a DeWalt 24 volt drill-gun or socket drill back in the day!!!! but then again.....it built character in us to do it the hard way!

That's back when men were men and ladies were ladies....and when ladies had no problem working in wardrobe and leaving the heavy stuff to the guys. Different world nowadays...that's for sure! Just musing and waxing philosophical yall! Not saying its worse or better now....just comparing and stating the facts! Get it done yall......doesn't matter who or how......just get 'er done and get some 'SLEEEEEEEP whenever ya can!" Laughs! That's what its all about! Power naps are good too.....just don' get caught!!!! Hear????? (fines galore!). Specially on the John! Laughs!!! You don't wanna be stuck with a name like "Whodini" or "Lunch-Box" or "Snoozer" etc. for the whole tour! Laughs. I've heard all the stories about those vanishing act artists over the years! Ya gotta be creative wit it. Laundry rooms, road-cases and dark sunglasses on the bus are always trusty road-tested methods! Laughs do what ya gotta do! Just don't get caught! And be safe! Always be safe.

P.S. Oh yeah, and always watch out for the carbon monoxide build-up! Always remember to ventillate! That stuff can kill ya or give you serious dame bramage! We had some dame bramaged water-heads on my two tours! Laughs! Takes it toll over time yall! Sleep always comes at a high price on the road! Be safe and have fun! Always remember to smell the roses and see the sights when you can! There's plenty of time for sleep post tour! You may never see those places again in your life! Some (like Iraq) you may never wish to! But others you may. Just a word of advice from big Blue brother Yoda G!

Aight....i'm out.....(but never down 'n out).....4 now!

Yoda G (AKA Gerry Semola 86 and 87 os "Rhythmacon" - drummer)   Cool  Wink Be cool yall! NEVER give up.....unless you plan to come back later with a vengence! Sup Matt D., Bobby W., and Larry F., and Tony G.?????/ Where are all of you drum heads hidin'???? Gimmie a hollar! gotta make time for family yall! right???? No excuses! I'm not buyin' 'em! Hear? Get on that horn and call or post! You guys have my number and e-mail info! if not, post here and I'll send you the newest info/updates. Peace and Blue love! ....to ALL my Blue family (old and NEW!) Good luck '07! Make us proud and carry that torch! Or else.....we'll be seein ya at the priors toast to let ya KNOW what its all about! Now git back ta work! Luv U ALL for who you are and what you DO!!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Huey with an Attitude..... Reply with quote

Dodd-Martin-97

Getting sent home for having an attitude??  That doesn't sound the the Huey Gauthier that I know!!!!......

Actually....now that I think of it.....it sounds EXACTLY like the Huey I know Smile

Dodd Martin
TIB '97/Band of Liberty Alumnist

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressMSN Messenger ICQ Number BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » An amazing success story of a prior who would not give up!
 Page 1 of 1