FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TIB 2008 All Priors Tour
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am 

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: TIB 2008 All Priors Tour Reply with quote

Kevin-Wilkins-04

There has been rumors of some individuals wanting to form an all priors tour.  Anyone interested? Sound out. This of course will be a proposal. We all know who decides.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Hope not! Reply with quote

Jeanette-Jordan-03

There was some talk about the 50th being a "reunion tour"... and lucky for me it wasn't!!  (and about 30 other hopefulls)  As much fun as it would be getting a group of proirs together, I'm so glad that Chief continues to let 'new blood' enter our world.  You never know who's going to walk through the doors of the Production Center.  

Then again, maybe I'm just jelous because I got out of the AF and now I can't tour again!  Wink

But if by chance there is an all priors team... I'LL BE FRONT ROW TO WATCH!!!!!

Lots of love to all!  ~Jeanette~

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

As long as my supervision allows it, you KNOW I'll be there! Very Happy

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David-Davis-00

Count me in! Of course with a few minor changes...

"Tops In Blue -sponsored by
Pfizer Healthcare -
Makers of Ben-gay, Kaopectate, Rogaine, Rolaids and
other fine products
and by
Philips Medical Systems -
Makers of the Heartstart Defibrillator.
Without these sponsors, etc, etc......)!"

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Awesome idea! I may re-enlist at age 40 just to be eligible! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

"K-Dub" '04 (AKA Kevin Wilkins),

The All-Priors Tour is a GREAT idea bro! Nice to meet you again yesterday. Sorry I did not recognize you at first! We all (priors) had a great time at McGuire yesterday! The '04 team had a mini-reunion Dave, Lisa, Matt, and you K-Dub! Too bad Erin could not have been there. But NINE Priors up front for the Priors Toast aint too shabby yall!!!! Aye? FUN!!!
But that passing the gobblet thing was.....uhhhh...not the best idea! That wuz a new one on me! Germs.......YIKES! (X - Sorry bro, "wrong answer!") GROSS!
'05, YOU ALL WERE AWESOME! TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL AND SANG, DANCED, AND PLAYED YOUR LITTLE BUTTS OFF! I'm green with envy! Mr. Green I was SOOOOOO glad Matt Dechant '04 picked me up early in the morning (after he overslept and I hadda wake his b_tt up! Laughing  to get over there for set-up!)  Very Happy Thanks again Matt! Good to see you again bro! Even though we got lost like 50 times.....it was too much fun because we had plenty of time to trade stories on the way up! Set-up was too much FUN!!!!! Hard work.......but FUN! 11 freaking PALLETS DUDE???? That's NUTS!!!!!! Holy CARGO NETS BATMAN!!!! '04 had 7 pallets, '05 had 11, but WE only had THREE pallets on my overseas tours back in the 80's!!! And that's including the 1/2 luggage pallet!!!! WHAT THE HECK......must be all those LEDs and the catwalk! COOL stuff. But I-BEAMS for goodness sakes????? GEEEEZ!!! Laughs! Purdy soon.....were gonna need a BOOM CRANE to assemble the set (laughs  Laughing )! But not as long as Lisa is on tour(s)! She's a TIB human crane with hands like grappling hooks!!!!  Laughing  Wink That girl can scale a truss tower faster than a speeding Silver Bullet, and can leap over a hoisted lighting truss in a single bound! Shocked

Man I LOVE the DeWalt pneumatic drills! Sounds like NASCAR at set up and tear-down now!!  Smile "BRRRRRRRRrrrrttt..." (drill sound)! But puttin' them I-beams together was......a might interestin'!!! Confused But well worth the effort! Sweatin' like a hog in a sauna, I wuz!  Rolling Eyes Oh well, I needed to burn a few calories off the old spare tire anyways! LOL! Fun stuff! Thanks for handin' me the tools Jeremy '05! Speakin' of tools......HOLY CRAPINSKI '04......yall got the WHOLE HOME DEPOT TOOL SHED backstage!!!!! GEEEZY WEEEZY! I aint NEVER seen that many tools and a tool chest THAT nice and organized on the road with TIB in my life! Nice job whoever built that tool caddy! Brilliant idea! You guys are loaded for BEAR!
No wonder yall need C-5's (uh..I mean KC-135s) ta transport ya everywhere!   Laughing C-5s....that's probably coming THIS YEAR, on the TIB '06 ARMY of 38 TOUR! Yall just better PRAY they don't bring back the hydraulic lifts again!!! Laughing :wink:But you really need a good crow-bar next year (for '06) for those pesky wooden staircase railings stage center! THAT was FUN K-Dub!!!! Gettin ta destroy stuff (uhhh I mean MODIFY stuff) again!  Laughing  Wink (pass me dat mallet 'n chisel K-dub!)  Laughing "DUCK TAPE!!!!"

All right, I'll shut up now. Lemmie git outta this thread (topic page) before I git hollerd at fer hoggin'! Seems to me, the TIB all-Priors Tour is a great idea! All things considered! Although I agree with the comments above re: allowin' "new blood" in every year, just imagine how all that "new blood" waiting in the wings would benefit from seeing - every few years - how all the priors can do if they get a chance to meet up as a (whole team) and set an example!  I don't know who's great idea Idea that was....but I like it! A LOT! And this coming from someone who is unfortunately looooong out of the running for such a show! So I have no ulterior motives since I am ineligible! darn!!!!! That's the only part that sucks about being a civilian prior! I think its a darn good idea! Seems to me that it would be a great benefit to all the potential future Blue prospects by showing them how its supposed to be done. I know the priors on tour always try their best to do that! And they always represent well! But.....imagine 38 priors all together on stage and TOURING ALL YEAR!!!! Man that would be a show not to miss and the behind the scenes fun would bee too much!!!! But the chemistry is still important!

Sooooooo.....that's why I want to nominate MY ENTIRE '86 overseas cast to be brought back for the 1st all-priors tour!!!!Very HappyLaughing  Cool Laughs!! Since we had great chemistry and were all comedians!!!! May be kinda hard to track'em all down though since some of 'em seem to be in the TIB "Retirement" Home wit canes, walkers, 'n wheel chairs by now!....Laughs!Laughing Okay....Im out....like the stair railings and the dropped mike at the '05 McGuire ! (laughs) "FINE" (another 20 schmakers for the final schmorgashborg)!

Yoda G - (AKA: Gerry) THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTIN" US PRIORS HELP OUT '05! We NEEDED that fix! One day you will too!!!! Believe it or not! Its TRUE! You WILL miss it! Some of it anyway!

P.S., Lee.....you're allright man!! Good job! You remind me of Paul "Sturgemeister" Sturgeon, form my '86 crew! Very polite and friendly...AND FUNNY! Yall come back now....HEAR???? '05.....CONGRATS on makin' it through! LOVE YOU ALL! DON"T DRINK TOO MUCH AT THE FINAL BANQUET! HEAR???? You don't wanna forget your peeps and all the tears goodbye's on that last feast together! Moderation! And Take A LOT of PICTURES...just in case ya DO forget anything!!!! LAUGHS! ....."JUNGLE JUICE"....."NI-PA". NI-PA, NIPA HUT! The guy from '05 who remembered my '86 team at Clark AB in the Phillipines......you GOTTA tell 'em about the infamous NIPA HUT!   Laughing  Wink SHHHHHhhhhhh! I can neither confirm nor deny my attendance there! Cool  Embarassed Wink

Last edited by Gerry-Semola on Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: All-Priors Tour Reply with quote

Kellee-Ryan-95

Hey Blue...

Yeah, this is a great idea.  Now instead of one or two we can have thirty people standing around going "well, on MY tour...".  The theme will be Tops in Blue 2008 - The Inmates Are Running The Asylum Tour.  Didn't Nostradamus forecast an all-prior tour as one of the signs of the coming apocalypse?

The Wolverine of Love

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Dearest Kellee,

Laughing You are TOO funny girl!!! And that's EXACTLY what Lisa from '04, '05, et al said to me yesterday re: the All Prior tour idea! "Well, on my tour I did it this way...etc." But yanno yall, I really don't think is has to go down that way! In fact, to avert that scenario (not that there is anything necessarily WRONG with all that brainstorming and constructive input), The Chief could speak to that ahead of time and set the parameters, channels, and mode for creative input and the like. I'm sure we'd handle it okay and get the job done! It need not be chaotic and egocentric and all that!

But I DO agree with you 100% about "the inmates running the asylum" part!!!! That IS FUNNY and very TRUE! But.... being a big fan of the late Stanley Kubrick's "One Who Flew Over The Cokoo's Nest"......I don't see any MAJOR problems or obstacles in giving us prior  loonies a second go round at it! As long as we can still do a seven step without the walkers we should be good ta go! Very Happy (They could just wheel me up to a drumset if they had to). Of course, they'll have to pack defibulators in the tool chest, and a pharmacopia on da bus! But other than that.......and what MSgt. Davis just said above......"We can win Jesse"!

heck.....if the STONES can still do it at the Superbowl...........why can't WE in TIB? (cough, cough, hack hack....ahem....sorry!) Dry throat! ("Brrrrrt!") Oh yeah,....and lactose pills for avoiding "cuttin' the cheesy on the buseeazy"!) Embarassed  Rolling Eyes  Laughing  Mr. Green

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Hey Kellee, oh yeah I'm sure that would be going on, but at least all the tech stuff would be done.  But then we'd be out the door doing all the stuff we didn't (or couldn't) do "last time".   Wink

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

See, this is what happens when people start spreading rumors.  The initial concept as I recall correctly was that there would be a 50/50 split between the priors and the newbies.  Each prior would take a "newbie" under their wing for the year.

The initial concept was also that word not get out, because, God knows I love my brothers and sisters, but not everyone gets along with each other and I hate to say it, but not everyone works.

The truth is that initially it sounds great, but the wolverine of love make a valid point.  "on my tour......"  Now, to remedy that the initial concept was also that the prior come from somewhat current tours, say 2000 to present.  Alot has changed in the way we do things.  Some traditions are the same, but with time comes change.  If the tours were somewhat close together then everyone would have a similar outlook on things in general.

Also, at conception of the idea no one took into account of what the boss may think of the whole "crazy" idea.  Might it be that a tour like this would create more problems then it would do good.  

Bottom line, there are many pros and cons.  Sometimes a pro to someone would be a con to others.  Example, PRO:  a great show from top to bottom cause prior know the deal already.  CON:  a bad show because of egos   or how about PRO:  staging would be easy cuz everyone knows what to expect and how to do it   CON: see previous con

I guess all I'm trying to say is everyone considering this should really thing about it, more so than your first tour.

jai

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: The Real Bottom Line Reply with quote

Chris-Burch

This subject has been speculated about for years, but it is no closer to happening today than it was for the past 5 decades.  Here's the easy answer...if you want to tour again, send in a tape for Worldwide, compete, and blow away the competition.

The biggest problem with an all-priors tour is that it breaks the system of recruiting and selecting new TIB members -- probably the most important aspect of sustaining the organization.  Imagine being someone interested in auditioning, but being told you would have to wait another year because the program has its own self-promoting agenda that year.  That contestant’s interest, as well as the support structure that got him or her into a position to be a contestant, would quickly fade and become less inclined to participate in or support future TIB programs.  Given the current struggle with trying to maintain a good applicant pool and with trying to convince bases to provide adequate support, this isn't the time to be making anyone less interested in the program.

All that said, if you want your all/half-priors tour, compete like everyone else and just be that darned good.

Now I must say the prospect of an all-priors Worldwide is quite enticing, if only to watch the drama that would inevitably ensue...especially after I would beat Huey Gauthier for a Roger.  Forget the stage performances -- that high-intensity drama is one for which you would want to book tickets.  Twisted Evil

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: All-Priors Worldwide Reply with quote

Kellee-Ryan-95

Probably a good point about an all-prior gig is that how many priors before oh, say, 2002 are still in the military?  Seems like nobody does more than an initial enlistment anymore.  I never dreamed I would have had the opportunity to stick around this program long enough to be considered "old school Blue" (thanks Chief) but really when you think about it, pretty soon if you toured in 2000 and are still around, YOU are now the "old school".  That makes me just about ancient with only 16 1/2 years in the USAF.  I'm not saying you should re-enlist for TIB since that's potentially setting you up for disappointment with all the job-related committments we are all pressed to do, but yeah, I'll say it -- Blue was definitely one of the big reasons I kept signing the paperwork to stay.

Just some food for thought from the Wolverine of Love.

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Ok, ok... how about an all-Prior Tech crew tour?!?!  That would be fun, right?   Very Happy

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: I agree with KB Reply with quote

Kevin-Wilkins-04

OK.. I agree with KB. An all prior tech crew and we'll let the vocalists and band fight for the remaining spots.

K-Dub

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: A thought. Reply with quote

JD-Dill

There are a lot of good comments on the subject of an all priors tour but I think the most provocative comes from our wise webmaster.  We had a "mini" all priors tour at the 50th anniversary celebration and I look forward to the 55th!!!  Personally I do, God and Chief willing, want to complete a second tour.  Purpose?  To give back to this amazing program.  I could never repay what I've taken from this program.  I can however, give back to it in the form of support, working WWTC, RECRUITING NEW TALENT, and promoting this amazing program as much as I can.  I propose that we each, as priors, mentor and recruit at least one person to compete at WWTC each year.  Can you imagine???  Then, each year from this point on would be a true "PRIORS TOUR".

Love Ya BLUE!!!    
JD

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

JD

Well, said.  I, personally, am working on two prospects for 2007.  Hopefully, things will work out for them both.  A lot of bases aren't promoting the WWTC and my base is one of them.  I only sent my tape in 2002 because I'd heard of the program through another source.  Even then, I sent it late.  Fotunately, I got "the call" anyhow.

jai

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: All-Priors "Paralell Universe" Tour! Nyut, nyut! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

WOW,

One thing I do really love about us priors on the board and particularly in threads like this, is that there are many of us brave and bold enough to think "outside the box" as it were. And that's the TIB spirit in action! I think Chief had a big influence on us all that way! Yanno..."Where there is a will...." and "Make it happen....." type thinking!  Wink In my civilian small business I have been doing murals, faux, and graphics in new restaurants, nightclubs, etc. for almost 15 years now, and I get to interact with many types of professional tradesmen and contractors all the time! And among "the professional trades" there is a little saying, and it goes like this....."There are two types of tradesmen......one will walk into a job and find 100 ways that something CANNOT be done! And the other will walk in....look around...listen to the client and what he/she wants to do....and then find 100 ways to GET IT DONE ("Make it happen").

So, obviously I pride myself in falling into the latter category. "Can do" sort of fellow! It seems to me that in life, where there is a will, there is almost ALWAYS a way! The difficult part (for some) is figuring out how to overcome the obstacles and get it done! But to me, these are merely  logistical details. And we military folks and TIB Bluefolk pride ourselves in logistics! (Chief taught many of us about that for the first time!) That's half the fun! But it does take hard work and determination. Anything in life worth doing always does! I'm sure Jai can speak to this re: the show he just put together. I applaud any TIB Prior who has the foresight, and planning abilities to put something together (whether its a small band or an entire show!) and see it through to its completion! Its A LOT OF WORK! I know, I've done it many times myself! And the good peeps Like Chief and Barry and Miss Lorna, Miss Glo, and Percy, and Ed Jones et al. deserve our complete respect for that! The behind the scenes stuff is critical to the success of any program! NEVER take that for granted! And we should all Give Carol Sudy of AFE a call to thank her for her THREE YEARS of hard work on the TIB Yearbook which has just gone to press!!!!! Her number is (210) 653-4945. Please call her yall and thank her for all her hard work with compiling accurate lists of all us priors and doing all the research into the history of TIB etc. THREE YEAR PROJECT YALL!!

I think that James Dill ('00) hit the nail spot on, when he talked about "giving back". It seems to me that THIS is the one common theme in all our posts and efforts at dropping in on later tours etc. Its not just for ego or for some voyeuristic pleasure fix, or purely curiosity. The ones who actually make that effort to show up at shows, and who help set-up, tear -down, or do whatever errand fetching and/or logistical support they can offer, AFTER they have left the Blue, (and ESPECIALLY those who come back AFTER they have left the service!) are doing so for reasons that cannot be explained in mere words!  All you have to do is look at how HARD MSgt Tony G works at teardowns every year at McGuire to see what I'm talkin' about!  Shocked Its like he never left tour! Same goes for Matt and K-Dub! I know that 15 years out, they'll be comin' back for more! Its pattern forming and very predictable with some priors who LOVE the program and KNOW they can never give back enough....so they GO NUTS when the new shows roll through their state/cities. That's a great thing to witness and be around!

Beyond that, I think that the priors know that to get something like this done, we may have to take it upon ourselves to organize a Blue All-Priors Volunteer Team to make this thing happen! It won't be easy. But if it works, and I have faith in our priors, then just imagine how impressed the Chief and the others at AFE will be! But talk is CHEAP yall! we need to PRODUCE! I'm all about DEEDS not WORDS! So put up or shut-__ (Down) Laughing Lets JUST DO IT! And quiet all the naysayers! Aye? Success is the best proof! We need a game plan! K-Dub got the ball rolling with this thread right??? So, next we need to get some sort of official list of people who are definitely down for putting together a team of volunteers! We cannot wait for AFE to do this for us! They have their hands full with all the logistics for the new teams and WWTC each year! This would have to be a SELF-DIRECTED initiative! Seriously! Think about that! There are budget restraints, issues re: availability, politics with commanders etc. And WHY should this ONLY be reserved for Priors still in the service Jai? Have you any idea how many of us out here in the civilian world now are just itching to "give back"??? And how much more knowledge and experience, and talent we have accumulated since leaving the Blue??? LOTS bro!! Let me assure you of that! Its LARGE man.....for REAL! Have you any idea how many from the '04 cast have left the service since their tour last year???? Just ask K-Dub about that Jai.....he ran down the list for me at the McGuire show! Times are a changin' in the Force these days! high turnover for many reasons! So please try to factor that in when you contemplate who may or may not be wishing and/or elegible for such a great Idea as an All-Priors Tour! (Not necessarily a "reunion" tour..but a REAL serious event that may have longevity if it works)But there is only one way to find out....right?

The folks who really WANT and CAN free themselves up for this type of thing need to step up and put their money where their Rogers are Exclamation Nothin' to it ....but ta DO IT! So, its my belief that if WE do this on our own, and we manage to get a groundswell of support behind us, then it will become apparent to the higher-ups that the sincere desire and will among us priors is definitely out here and that we are serious and ready to get it done.....and not merely blowin' hot air! I personally think this can be done, and that the numbers of priors out here who would JUMP at the chance to get back into the game and GIVE BACK - in any way they want us or will allow us to - is larger than ANY OF US actually realize! Obviously, we here on the board are not the shy ones! Wink So right now....its just the "usual suspects" starting trouble and stirring things up!  Twisted Evil But that's what it takes sometimes to take things to a new level and to break new ground and blaze new trails! I'm all about trail blazing! Just point me in the direction you want to go, and stand BACK! And I know many of you who posted up above me here are the same...and then some!!!! That's GOOD! That's TIB!

But talk is still cheap like Kahlil and Naybu like to always say...."lets get this done....cause we gotta pay bills!" Or somethin' to that effect Laughing I'm not worried about egos or any of that nonsense! That's ALWAYS an issue with human beings....prior or not prior! But I would like to think that all the training and bonding and life lessons we all learned on tour and after tour in the pro-scene will put us above all that petty stuff! And I KNOW that when priors get together (or any group of like-minded experts in any field for that matter) the ego-factor is reduced to a minimum since peer pressure and peer conformity are always at play! Psych.-101 yall! That's not a legitimate issue or concern for me personally! I'm more interested in the nuts and bolts type stuff.....like funding, sponsorship, marketing, travel logistics, availability, comittment, etc. The rest of the personal stuff (re: egos, and whose way is the "best" way to do something) and the like...well......its just that.....petty, trivial personal stuff that can - and should - be dealt with on a case-by-case basis...IF and WHEN the need arises! ie. cross that bridge when you get to it!) There will ALWAYS be a chain of command to reckon with in the Blue, and the most senior priors (whoever they may be) can and should be deferred to for their wisdom and guidance. But a Democratic type of system should always be strived for! Anyone who has ever put a GOOD band, or some sort of musical group together (that has actually WORKED and was successful) knows what I mean. But that can all be worked out ahead of time! No biggie folks! We got (have) Colonels, and Majors, and senir NCOs, all sorts of retired and inactive (reserve) folks out here who KNOW how to manage stuff like this! That's why they went to academies and training schools to learn how to LEAD and manage people (egos) and all the rest. No biggie! I can't even BELIEVE that THIS is our biggest concern! It should'nt be yall! That's all SMALL STUFF! Remember my motto..."Never sweat the small stuff". ANd most of it is..."small stuff!"

The issue here for ME is....like Maj. Burch mentioned.....["Its no closer happening today than it way 5 decades ago"] Exclamation  (paraphrasing Sir) So, what can WE do to change this yall??? Deeds, not words! We need to get a grass-roots Blue Prior movement going here, or else no one will ever take it seriously! And this is the spring-board and idea bouncing platform to get it started in! Lets make a plan and start DOIN IT yall! Keep brainstorming on this thread! It's ALL GREAT STUFF SO FAR! Even the neg. stuff is useful because it will remind us what we need to AVOID and watch out for once it gets rolling! IF, it ever gets rolling! I HAVE FAITH IN US! !I have seen the "giving back" first hand with my own eyes many, MANY times

Lastly, (Whew!) all I'm saying is.....why wait for the program to come to us????? WE ARE THE PROGRAM! Why can't WE get this thing off the ground ourselves.....THEN we can...if need be.....go to AFE for support and and advice, and present them with a list of willing and able-bodied Priors who are serious and ready for action! Not all of us priors out here will be in this category....OBVIOUSLY! But SOME are! Enough to put a team together I'm SURE! So let's just see! Who's in??? I'm IN!!!! What about YOU!

P.S. But just PLEASE HURRY UP......cause I'm GROWIN' OLD out here! Crying or Very sad  Rolling Eyes  Wink  Laughing (Pushin' the big 4-0 next June!  Embarassed Sorries (again) for hoggin' Chris! I'll take the hit ($fine$)!

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Hilarious! Reply with quote

James-Green

Kellee, my sister, you are one crazy girl. No matter what kind of day I'm having, between you and Kahlil,, I end up laughing until it hurts.
Thanks.
An all priors or even 50/50 priors tour would be a 'Save the Drama for ya Mama' event, no doubt!

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: My 2 cents.... And I want my change!!! Reply with quote

Derrick-Wright-89/90

Hey Family,

An all priors tour!  Oh My goodness!  Now we all know in our good minds that this is not happening, not now, not ever! I always say that I could tour again for a good 3 weeks!  The first week would be heaven, the second week would be realization that I am pure crazy ( no comment from you J. Green! Very Happy ) and the third week I would be wondering when my ticket home was arriving because my old bones can't take it anymore!! But the positive thing I get from the "thought" is that the program is still in our blood, hearts and soul!  Which is where it has and always will remain for me! Like JD said, we give back by promoting the program from where we are!  We give back by doing the little things like spending countless hours with hopefuls who want a little piece of what we have.  We give back by answering the call when the need comes for anthems, retirement programs, volunteering for disaster efforts, assisting at base functions(TIB SHOWS) as well as community functions, helping at  WWTC regardless of what the job is!  We give back by being the standard in our work places military and civilian alike.  We give back by not forgetting what this program does for individuals, bases, the AF, and our country.  Never forget that the privilege of being a Prior and current TIB member is earned, not given!  But what do I know, I'm just a Small town short order cook!! (1989 in the house!!)  Thank you to whom ever started this topic because it provided yet another wonderful trip down memory lane.......  Blue Love...............

DERRICK WRIGHT
TIB 89 & 90

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: John Reply with quote

John

It's very interesting site!

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Never say "never"! Ever! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Hmmmmmm......

Seems ta me.......that with well over 1500 hits.....this link has managed to catch the attention of a whole lot of Blue kinfolk out there....aye??? Maybe there IS some interest in this idea after all........aye????...despite all the naysayers who doubt! Come to think of it.....gettin' "too old" to tour never even once crossed MY mind! I mean, I'm only 40.....and there are cats out there a HECK of a lot older than I am still doin' their thang and gettin' it done all day and all night long!

Come to think of it, my Philly home-boy Eddie Holman Jr.'s dad just finished up an overseas world tour and he's in his late 60s now!!!!! SNAP!!! And he's ALREADy back out again doin' the crusie-ship stuff! Guess he aint "too old"! Shoot.....he's just hittin' his stride! Huh? Imagine that!!! 66 boys and girls!!! Can you say "respect" boys and girls???? Family man and Church man too! Imagine that!

Never say never yall!!!! For those who doubt......check this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Holman
    ............and..............
http://www.eddieholman.com/

Now,....what were you "old-heads" saying about hangin' it up etc........?????
ME....hang it up???......"Forgettaboutit". The ONLY "drama" out there these days is coming outta Dallas from T.O. or "O.D." as we now call him here in Philly!LaughingRolling Eyes (And that drama ain't gonna last too long there either! Cause Parcells don't play dat...hear???Wink) GO EAGLES!!!!!!! SNAP!!!! Old-heads in da house! Music like sports, is a TEAM EFFORT! No time for prima-donnas or ego-trippers! If ya pick the right folks, the all-priors thing WOULD work! So, save all a dat negativity and all a dat pessimism for T.O.s mamma! Cool

LOVE YOU ALL (even those who doubt!). No depressed pill-poppers allowed on this tour! We go out there and kick booty and take names! No half-steppin'! If you're tired....stay home and watch it on TV! We'll send you a complimentary CD! Very Happy REAL Blue Jedi warriors never grow old or fade away......we just turn a turn a deeper shade of Blue Like fine wine....we just age and get better with time!  Wink So, Pass the Ben Gay, the Jointritis, the Gold-Bond Powder, the Ginseng, the vitamins, and the ace bandages. I'm DOWN wit the all-priors reunion thang! Aight.....I'm out! PEACE! GO BIRDS!!!!!Laughing

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Same, same... Reply with quote

Francine-Norrod-88/89

KELLEE, JAG... always good to see your font.  Smile
Blue Love to all who are,
Cen

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

it seems that 2007 my not be the "all priors tour", but rather, something similar to 2004.

There are quite a few priors auditioning this year.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiquita-frazier 99

Can I tour if I'm not in the military anymore?  I can't even believe that my body moved that quickly 6 years ago.  My, how time flies!!!

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

ms frazier

i didn't know you were in OKC.  That's my hometown.  In fact, I was just there last month.

jai

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TIB 2008 All Priors Tour
 Page 1 of 1