FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » The great mystery of the "old board" Prior bio. da
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 am 

How many of us Priors out here recall the old board bio section?
Yes, I remember it and thought it was awesome and definitely worth rescuing!
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Yes, I recall it, but never really bothered to write anything on it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, I recall it but thought it was unnecessary.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, I cannot recall that link from the old board at all.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
I rarely posted on the old board!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This is the ONLY board that matters as far as I'm concerned!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WHAT THE HECK IS THE "OLD BOARD" ANYWAY?????
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Say what????? Who gives a crap! (R.I.P. this is all water under the old board)
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: The great mystery of the "old board" Prior bio. da Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Chris,

This thread is now dead! You can go ahead and 86 it for me if you wish. Thanks.

Gerry 86/87 (AKA: Yoda G)

Last edited by Gerry-Semola on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Priors News Reply with quote

Chris-Burch

The section to which you are referring is entitled "Priors News" just as it was on the old site.  It is still accessible on this site, too.  If you click on the "Priors Info" button in the top banner, you'll see a list of buttons..."Priors News" is the second button.  That will give you the same list by year of everyone's updates.

As for the "lock down"...you will notice that almost no one posts as a guest unless they just forgot to log in.  Therefore, the priors who use this site will barely notice anything different.  The rest of the board will remain open to the public, but the priors postings will become the exclusive domain of the priors.  For those who can't figure this site out, I have offered to walk people through the board over the phone and give them highly detailed explanations.  If people choose not to partake of that offer and instead run from current technology, then too bad.  If they feel their voice is important enough to be heard, they can make the effort.  I hate to sound mean, but TIB wasn't based on people who liked to give up in the face of adversity, and this is hardly adversity.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Amen, Chris...

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Running from the technology is not an option for a TIB prior Reply with quote

Maj Burch,

You are too much! Funny, but TRUE! I agree with your sentiments 110%. I mean you can't possibly ask for, or get better service than a "telephone walk-through" containing "highly detailed information". Heck, windows tech support (now based somewhere in ) uzbeckista, does'nt even offer THAT kind of service anymore! Laughing Right? You are of course also quite correct about people running away from the technology! And to me, if you're not at least trying to take advantage of it, then you are basically running away from it! I say this because I certainly am no tech-wizard! I can't write code or troubleshoot a hard-drive to save my life! And yet, I somehow managed to figure out how to use this new board! And once you get in there and start playing with it....its a snap! But you have to at least try by taking that first step! I think you've bent over backwards to make it as easy and as user-friendly as humanly possible. And if you ever did miss something, I'm sure someone out there in priorland would politely suggest or remind you of it.

As for the Priors Bio data. I apologize for never having clicked on the info link! I just never explored that area of the board. These days our time is so limited, that when I do have time to sign on to see whats new, I usually just go straight to the "Priors Update" link, and become immersed in that.

So now I know! Thanks for the intel on that. I knew it was probably something simple that I was overlooking. Thanks again! Hopefully everyone will post a bio up there. And perhaps some did not even know it existed. Maybe we should create a tutorial with a virtual tour of the site for all newcomers! Very Happy Something to think about for the future. I don't want to make more work for ya pal! I'm sure you've got your hands full and that this board is just a hobby for ya. Keep up the great work. Lookin' good!

Yo-da G...out like the celeron when th pentium M and Centrino thingamabobs came a knockin'! "More power Scotty!" ...."Captain, I'm givin' ya all she's got Sir!"LaughingCoolWink

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Dang! Forgot the secret code! Again! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Oops,

Forgot to log in again! Sorries! That's really ME above yall!

P.S. See Chris, my poll above shows that at leaset 3 priors did not even know that the bios existed at all! So maybe my inquiry served a larger purpose!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Chris.....HEEEEEEELLLPPPPPP!!!!! Username/password overload! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Chris,

Well, apparently, the reason I never explored that link in the past was that it requires a special password (something other than the one I sign into this board with?) and so each time I put the usual username and password in I get a message saying that either I don't have the right info or that the browser I'm using (a public terminal in my gym) is not recognizing the code etc. Weird, because it accepts my username and password for the board all the time!

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!! Lawd have mercy on my poor soul! Chris, what am I to do now????? My feeble little brain is running out of room to memorize all the passwords and combinations and usernames etc. that I have to remember in everyday life! Heck its amazing I can even remember my PIN # at my ATM! Yeeeesh!!!! Requesting further instructions Sir! Danke!

Yo-duh G!

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » The great mystery of the "old board" Prior bio. da
 Page 1 of 1