FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TOPS IN BLUE Future
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am 

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: TOPS IN BLUE Future Reply with quote

Tom-Edwards
Golden Roger
Golden Roger

Mr. Chuck Milam, Director of AF Services did an awesome job in briefing the Air Force Chief of Staff this afternoon for determining the future of TIB.

The Chief fully supports full continuation!

I understand that the current and some of the prior Chief Master Sergeants of the Air Force also weighed in to support.

I appreciate all the letters and e-mails that all of you took the time to write.  You could not have made me prouder.

Sooooooo...2010 Staging starts 10 Mar 10.

Tom Edwards

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TOPS IN BLUE Future Reply with quote

Bob-Morrow-88
Golden Roger
Golden Roger

Tom-Edwards wrote:
Sooooooo...2010 Staging starts 10 Mar 10.

This is great news Chief!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Yay!! Reply with quote

Courtney-Marsteller-03/04

Yes!!!  Glad everything worked out well!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Yee-Haw! Ya-hoo! Yipeeee! Hooray!

God is GOOD!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaKeesha-Washington-03

Yayy! That's Awesome!
Prayer works!

No matter what anybody says about you, no matter who you are, no matter where you come from or who you come from--you and you, alone, have the power to take the limits off of your faith and your life and off of God. -- TYLER PERRY

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy-Johnson-07

Wow.  It feels as if I can breathe again.  Thanks everyone for contributing letters and especially to our leadership for believing in us and standing up for us.

And I must admit I find it humbling that something I've been involved with has received this much attention!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Congrats Chief!  Let's go Blue!!!  

2010 Team...don't let us down!  Carry on the tradition with pride and honor, but don't forget you are all Airmen first.  Remember what Chief said...he doesn't OWE you anything.  YOU carry the burdon of responsibility for making this a successful tour.  

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: TIB Lives Reply with quote

Derek-Sinclair

Prayer works especially when you put it together with due diligence.
TIB 2010 it's up to you to make them understand that it was the right decision. Priors it is up to us to help TIB 2010 do that. "All for one and one for all".

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lola-Ross-00

That is GREAT news Chief!  Now when you say your trademark:
" ON YOU!"  it definitely is true Smile!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris-Burch

Thanks Mr. Edwards and everyone at the Agency for keeping the program alive through yet another hurdle.  I'm excited to see another group of talented Air Force men and women carry the TIB torch and find new ways to add to its legacy.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Thankful Reply with quote

candice-fagan

I am so excited that Tops in Blue is going to remain on the map.  The group is truly an inspiration to people around the world.  I am honored that I was given the chance to be a part of the TIB experience if only for 10 days.  Thank you for the opportunity Mr. Edwards and staff!   Razz  Razz

Post Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quentin-Thomas

This is wonderful news...The power of GOD shines through!!! I am so priviledged to have been apart of such an amazing program, and I hope to only continue to grow in TIB. Blue love is strong!!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private message Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David-Weaver-04

Chief,
That is the greatest news. Tops In Blue 2010 Make us proud.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Excellent News Reply with quote

Danielle-Hughes-06

I honestly was shook for a moment. When the word got around I paused for a long while to bring the words from my heart and mind to my fingertips. Prayers really works. I sure hope that now the new team can appreciate the opportunity that they almost missed out on.

Danielle Hughes (Owens)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffy-Soens

All I can say is...WOOHOO!!!

~From your mouth to God's ears.~

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt-flowers

What a relief! I'm so glad they saw the impact of this program. One more hurdle down! Thank you Mr. Edwards and all of your agency staff for making it happen.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirwalt23

That's good news!  So good makes a brother think about touring again!
Okay, I'm cool! I'll let some young blood enjoy cleaning the dance floor!
www.str8silly.com

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellee-Ryan-95

God is so good.  2010, no pressure, but don't screw this up.  This is like someone being told they have a terminal disease then the tests come back and they tell you nevermind, you're fine.  Always keep that little "but are they really sure?" doubt with you so it keeps you correct and you can represent Tops in Blue like we know you can.  
Good luck and Godspeed, seeing this year's tour will be extra special now!

Kellee Ryan
Pyro
Wolverine of Love

PS...Mr. Chuck Milam, I am so buying you a beer!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Hot darn!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Derrick-Wright-89/90

First and for most to my brothers and sister who showed up  and answered the call, that's what happens when we are on the "same page"!  Things happen and things get done!  When you have faith and believe in what you are doing , things get done!!  When you put aside the petty BS, things get done!!!  I know you feel me on that!  It was beautiful to see all the responses and the emails and the passion that was distributed.  Mr Edwards, WE BELIEVE!!  To Mr. Milam, I have never met you but you are my HERO FOR TODAY!!!  Thank you sir!  To AFE Staff who had to receive and organize all the letters, thank you for not losing them or hitting delete on accident! Smile Let us not forget to go back and say thank you to all the "extended family" that showed there support for us!  To TIB 2009, yall better finish like you know how!!  And to TIB 2010, get ready, ahhh get ready cause its on!!  The USAF just sent yall a message and said that they need you,  they want you  now we gonna get yall ready to show them just how much they would have MISSED US!!!   LETS ROLL!!!!

DERRICK WRIGHT
TIB 89 & 90

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom-Edwards
Golden Roger
Golden Roger

Just to let all of you know, we felt it very appropriate to name the 2010 show....."WE BELIEVE"

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick-Wright-89/90

Honestly Chief I did not know!  But since I mentioned it first can I get a front row seat!   Smile

HA!!!!

DERRICK WRIGHT
TIB 89 & 90

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Mr. Edwards,

I don't think there could be a more appropriate name!  Thank you, AFE and Mr. Chuck Milam for standing for us!   For me, writing a letter telling you how I felt was easy, but it's you all that did the hard work.  Thank you is just not enough.

TIB 2010, I hope that the fierce love that you witnessed for this program during a 'cloudy' moment will inspire you to believe in yourselves.  What you are about to embark on is not easy, but very rewarding on the other side.  As Priors, we believe in you!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan-Alien-Soens

Truly great to hear.  I am proud of what everyone has done to keep this wonderful program alive for all these years and through all these tears.

Let's keep it going!

TOP View user's profileSend private message MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel-Helms

It is now, more than ever, that I believe in the power of love and of family. I am so blessed that I got to be a little part of this for 10 days.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD-Dill

As a member of Tops In Blue 2000, If You Believe, I can say first hand that this family does indeed believe.  Sarah Cantrell sang "I Believe" on the tour and the line goes "If you believe, then in your heart you'll know, that no one can change the path that you must go."  Thru the belief and prayer of this amazing, amazing family it's been proved that YES,  WE DO BELIEVE!!!  With the exception of the last 2 years, I worked staff for WWTC every year since my tour and trust me when I say, even though I've been absent in body I've been there in spirit both of those years.  Each of those years my biggest regret was not being there to give back to a program that gave me, and taught me, so much.  I wouldn't be the man I am today if it had not been for Tom Edwards and Tops In Blue.  To the 2010 Tops In Blue Tour: WE BELIEVE!!!!  Know that everything you do will have a bearing on the future of this amazing program so act accordingly 24/7/365.  You are being chosen to represent not only the Air Force but Tops In Blue.  Take it from a man who's been there; your year will be filled with hope, stress, finding your breaking point but getting up and making yourself better.  Most of all it will be a year of impact.  Impact on the people who see your show, impact on the people who get to know you, impact on this wonderful program, and impact on YOU!!!  You will never be the same.  Bernie said "It's not just the show it's the people."  Never forget that!!!!  Congrats to the ones selected and keep on reaching for your dream to the ones who are not.  The question is no longer "If You Believe" it's now "WE BELIEVE."
To my fellow priors: I love you and miss you!!!!  Chief: Thank you is, and will never be enough.  To AFE STAFF: There is none better!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: "We Believe" Reply with quote

Katie-Badowski-10

Two words that can evoke tears "We Believe" a fitting theme for this year's show   No two words could be so perfect.  Good Luck TIB 2010.  I will be praying for you all.  Keep the Blue love alive.  
Katie B.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Great News Reply with quote

Kevin-Wilkins

I'm sure a feeling of relief is felt by everyone who truly cares about Tops In Blue! Chief, let me know if I can be of any help this year. I'm always willing to give whatever I have for the program.

Kevin Wilkins

--------------------------
Kube Curatus Strepitus

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremiah-Smith

I am glad to hear that the program will continue on! It will be exciting to see the direction that it goes from here!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quentin-Thomas

The program can only get stronger from here, I know that the 2010 tour will be an amazing one that shows in every aspect of it why Tops in Blue is what it is! Love you all!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private message Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamilyn-Becker

I am so happy and relieved at the outcome!  Devastated doesn't even come close to describing how I would have felt.  Cannot wait to see the show this year...WE BELIEVE.  I BELIEVE in all things Tops in Blue Smile

Tamilyn

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: TIB Remains Alive! Reply with quote

Adam-Will

That is fantastic news Chief!  That's extremely exciting and I'm so glad that the legend lives on.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Tops In Blue - Here to Stay Reply with quote

Phillip - Bateman

Wow - so much controversy over something that is sacred and dear to so very many, PRIORS, Contestants, Fans in the military, Fans in the community and throughout the world.  Now I have been out of contact with all of my TIB family just until this POSTING - 03/18/10; however, the bond I created with so many past family and friends can match no other feeling known other than being with your natural family.  The key is education of what Tops In Blue is all about.  As a PRIOR, Staff member, present tech crew and cast member, we have an inherent responsibility to continually stress what TOPS IN BLUE is all about.  It's not just the glory of the shows we perform but what it takes to make it from the competitions, selection, staging, touring and completing the tour.  The hundreds of thousands of hours needed to perfect the shows, setting up and tearing down, loading up and going to the next venue.  That's part of the enduring process we go through and many people do not know about.    

I'm grateful and blessed to have been a part of such a worthwhile opportunity and program.  The shows, staff, crew, and cast members continue to excel in their craft and do what many of us have done before....live the dream and carry the torch from tour to the next.  

What a great thing to know that CHIEF and his STAFF can continue on with the tradition and a program that can never be duplicated.  A program we've all loved for so many years and will continue to love and be a part of.  God Bless Tops In Blue and Air Force Entertainment.  I'll get off of my soapbox now.

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Eddolls

You know I haven't been in to much contact with anyone from my tour (2003) in a long time, I check in from time to time to see how things are.  I was very disturbed by the possibility of the program being eliminated.  

Reading this good news is an affirmation of how hard everyone has worked in the terrific history of TIB.  I wish all future members the best as well as all the great performers that have come before me and joined this family since I toured.

"We believe"

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TOPS IN BLUE Future
 Page 1 of 1