FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Tops In Blue 2009
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Tops In Blue 2009 Reply with quote

Kahlil Ashanti

To anyone hoping to try out for Tops In Blue:

Since my tours in 1994 and 1995 I have benefitted from the Tops In Blue experience in ways I never thought possible.  Tops In Blue as an organization continues to change in many ways and it is not immune from the changes of the Air Force and that is why it has survived.  Be sure that if/when you decide to follow your dreams and compete to become Tops In Blue you don't forget that you are asking to be selected.  This means that there is a set of expectations in place before you arrive for the competition/TIB and they will be there long after you are gone.  If you are not able to measure up to these expectations maybe Tops In Blue isn't your cup of tea.  It's not a bad thing, just a real thing.  

When you do your military job there is a certain way things have to be done and just because you're coming to TIB to 'entertain' doesn't mean any less is expected of you - for the time you travel with TIB this is your military job.

On May 1 1994 - the first time I set foot in San Antonio as a Tops In Blue wannabe at staging - I heard a phrase that continues to ring true through all the trials and tribulations that have shaped my career in the entertainment industry.  'What you put into it is what you will get out of it.'

I carry the Tops In Blue family very close to my heart and for the sake of all of us who have come before you, we hope you will too.  But first: You gotta put something in.  How much?  Everything you got. I promise it won't be easy but I guarantee it will pay off.   Should you try out? Should you send in your application? As our Producer/Director Mr Edwards says:

On You.

Kahlil Ashanti
Tops In Blue Prior 1994, 1995

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Tops In Blue 2009
 Page 1 of 1