FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » 'Basic Training's' Opening Night!
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: 'Basic Training's' Opening Night! Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Just wanted to shout out a 'break-a-leg' to our very own Kahlil Ashanti.  He is opening tonight, off-broadway, at the Barrow Street Theater, New York!

Here's to you, K-hil, da-boy!  Love you and we are there on October 25th, 7:00p, Row C, 5&7.  I am super excited and wish you an outstanding show tonight - you deserve it!

Muah!

Libby

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Outstanding! Reply with quote

Derrick-Wright-89/90

Hello Family,

Just wanted to let you all know that "Basic Training" opened last night to a packed house with TIB Family sitting on the front row!  Natalie Maldonado, TIB 2001, Tracey and myself were in attendance .  Kahlil's mother and his beautiful wife were also there.  Kahlil delivered excellence from the first line to the last one!  It had been a few years since I had seen him perform it at Worldwide and I must say it has gotten better for all the right reasons.  To say that we were proud would be an understatemet!  He made us proud to be priors!  All you heard was Wow, Incredible, great show, glad I came from the audience afterwards!  We did not get a chance to spend alot of time with him after the show because he had to go put on his "banquet attire" to go the reception and we had to catch the train back home to Virginia.  So we all exchanged traditional embraces with each other, told each other that we were glad to see one another, and departed our seperate ways.  But you know that we all were leaving with an extra amount of pride and pep in our step and smiles that could light up New York many times over!  Thank you Kahlil for doing what you do!  And you already know,  Anytime, Anywhere, we will be there!

DERRICK WRIGHT
TIB 89 & 90

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahlil Ashanti

Hey all, thanks so much for your support - especially Derrick and Tracey, Natalia and Libby/Jeff.  Arturo Eusebio and Gregg Jordan also came to the preview shows and it made a huge difference for me.  It was so good to see Derrick and Tracey in the front row on one side and Natalia on the other.  I got a Golden Roger winner in the front row baby!  Tops In Blue is a huge part in my evolution and I would not be the man or performer I am without the benefit of the many priors who reminded me what it means to wear the TIB ring.  

As I stood onstage on opening night performing in the largest theater market in the world it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Level of success is based on level of risk.  So many years and so many sacrifices all culminated in one night of amazing emotion.  

Want to see some opening night photos:
http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=34148

If you want to get on the mailing list go to http://www.kahlilashanti.com and click on Contacts.

For those of you who can make it - see you in the audience.  For those of you who cannot - your prayers are enough.

Chief, thank you.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Truer words were never spoken... Reply with quote

Kellee-Ryan-95

Kahlil, you hit the nail right on the head.  "Level of success is based on level of risk".  I went to Atlanta this past weekend to finally see the musical "Wicked" and although it was outstanding in every way, it also made me a little sad that I never got out of the AF and tried to make my way in the world as a professional lighting tech.  The theatre is the one thing more than any other that brings me truest joy and fulfillment but I was not raised to be a huge risk-taker so I just did the "safe" thing and stayed in the military instead of taking my resume with a fresh TIB tour on it and seeing what I could do with it in the civilian world.  Don't get me wrong, a successful Air Force career is by no means a comparative  "failure" and its nice to know that I'll have that pension forever (not to mention the new GI Bill since I didn't take the original one) but I just wonder sometimes what might have been.  I deeply admire you for not being afraid to take such a giant leap of faith.

Blue Love
The Wolverine

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » 'Basic Training's' Opening Night!
 Page 1 of 1