FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » My Update....
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: My Update.... Reply with quote

Tenisia-Stirrup06

Hello Family,
I pray everyone is well out there in blue land.  I am writing this to give you all an update on me and to also seek some advice.  I know every time I get on here it's asking for prayers, but I know that this is my family and if you can't call on your family for love, support and prayers, then who can you call.  First I will start with the seeking advice.  Well as some of you know, on Valentines Day a man came in to my house through my open garage door and sexually assaulted me at gun point.  Geoffrey was deployed but they got him home first thing the next morning.  It has been very hard on us, but I am really trying to get my life back.  I refuse to let this end me.  I know some of you are like why is she putting her business out there, but if you know me you know that I am a living testimony.  I believe that if God lets me live through things it's because he wants me to be able to help others. I want to do what I can to keep this from happening to any of my sisters.  I never thought it would happen to me but it did.  I was careless in leaving my garage open.  Though this is not my fault everyone should be vigilant.  If you are alone, ensure your doors are locked.  Even if you are not remember to put your garage door down.  I know we all have been guilty of it.  Especially those of us that are in a gated community like mine.  Just be careful, cause there are people out there who could care less about whether they hurt you or not.  As for the advice.  That night I went to the hospital filed a report, did everything I thought I was suppose to do.  To this day, the Midwest City Police Department has completely blown me off.  They asked for a statement from me.  When I gave it I was treated like I was not the victim.  I was made to feel as if it was my fault.  After weeks of no results  I spoke to my SARC who got involved.   Myself my victim advocate, my SARC and even OSI have all got involved but they keep blowing us off telling me it take 6 months to a year before you even get the rape kit back and until then there is nothing they can do.  At first I was understanding of this.  But once I found out that there was a witness across the street from me that they had not interviewed even after we told them that he wanted to give a statement, I became furious.  At first I thought I would just let it go, but I think there behavior is completely unacceptable.  One of my tour sisters actually wanted to file a complaint against them.  When your local police department has failed you what is next?  Who do you talk to?  My investigator does not return mine or my SARC calls.  So I guess I just want to know who would be the next person or group of people I would need to talk to?  Please shot me an e-mail or a message if you have any idea what my next step should be.
On to other news, I got the results of my med board back and I am happy to say that I will be permanently retiring from the AF in 30 days. I was afraid that they would screw me and just say "Here is 10% for ALL of your medical problems."  But they decided that I would get full retirement with benefits, a retiree ID card and 40% for the 2 things I am being discharged on.  I am very happy about it.  I feel like once I get out I will be able to focus more on my health without feeling so bad about not being able to be at work.  There is another surgery I will be having.  I have a gallbladder disease.  It has an infection that is running through my blood stream and they are going to take it out.  I'm a survivor so I will get through this like I got through all the others. Anyways, this has gotten long enough.  Please keep my husband and I in your prayers and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Your Sister,
Tenisia

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin Holzapfel 2004

Tenisia, although I do not know who to call or go to next, you have my support 100%. You are a stong woman and it takes courage to talk about what you have been through. Don't ever give up! You have the power to give others the strength to stand up for themselves as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Stay positive!

Your sister,
Erin 04

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » My Update....
 Page 1 of 1