FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » Goodbye Air Force......
  The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Goodbye Air Force...... Reply with quote

GeoffreyJr-06

Hello all,
It's me Tenisia.  I just wanted to let everyone know that I got the news today that it looks like I am going to be MEB'd.  In other words I will be medically discharged due to my medical conditions.  (it's not that I can't do my job but I can not deploy)  I am having a lot of mixed emotions about this.  It seems like I have fought so hard all these years just to prove that I can do whatever needs to be done even when the odds are against me.  And I have.  Now I am to the point that I may just have to stop fighting and let nature take it's course.  I am very nervous because of the financial burdon it may have on us.  Losing my income will be a big blow to us.  But the thing that hurts me the most is the fact that now I will never be able to complete a tour.  I was really trying to get better so that perhaps I could go complete a tour before I decided to get out and get my ring and the title of prior and be asked back to help or even perform at world wide.  To just have something to show that I did complete the one thing I fought so hard for.  All of you have been very supportive of me and have told me that I am family and I appriciate that more than you know, but the one thing I can't relate to all of you about is what it feels like to complete your tour and have the title of "Prior" and wear that ring proudly.  But now I have to accept what is and what will be.  I am praying that God will lead me in the direction He wants me to go and trust that He will take care of us.  Right now I am seeking advice and guidance from any priors or family members that have gotten out on medical or even just general discharge.  Especially if you were married or had dependents.  I would like to know how it was adjusting to civilian life.  I would really like to talk to anyone who is recieving disability through the VA.  I would like to know how that whole thing works and what I should be doing now in order to prepare for my discharge.  There is a prior here in Oklahoma I think his name is Jamal and he toured in 04.  I heard that he could give me some guidance so if anyone talks to him or if he is reading this could you please ask him to contact me as soon as he can.  My e-mail address is wwjd111281@yahoo.com.  If anyone else would like to give me any more info or guidance please feel free to e-mail me and we can exchange numbers.  Well once again thanks to all of you for all of your support and prayers.  I love all of you so very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.  God Bless.

Tenisia Stirrup

wwjd111281@yahoo.com

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Hey...shoot me an email and give me some details...I can give you advice about the VA.

castlejl99@sbcglobal.net

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Hey Nisia Reply with quote

TaKeesha-Washington-03

I got MEB'd too, so the frustration after all the fighting I can definately relate to.  Still have my number?  Call me because there's a lot you can start doing now to prepare for life after.  Trust me sis, it will work out!  You know you've got favor and I'll help you every step of the way if I have to.

Love you guys,

No matter what anybody says about you, no matter who you are, no matter where you come from or who you come from--you and you, alone, have the power to take the limits off of your faith and your life and off of God. -- TYLER PERRY

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » Goodbye Air Force......
 Page 1 of 1