FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » My Surgery....
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am 

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: My Surgery.... Reply with quote

GeoffreyJr-06

Hello Family,
I just got out of the hospital today and I guess you could say that the good news is I am still alive.  The surgery was hard from the begining.  It was suppose to start at 9 am but it didn't truly get started until around 11.  They could not get an IV in me.  They stuck me 21 times.  They stuck me in my arms in my feet, 5 times in the right side of my neck and once in the left side where they finally got in.  I had given up before the surgery even got started.  Geoffrey was there in the waiting room the whole time.  I finally got out of surgery around 5 pm.  Unfortunantly we did not get the outcome that we were praying for but we are still trusting God.  We were told that the surgery was very complicated because I had an enormous amount of scar tissue.  The doctor told us there was so much that my intestines were stuck to the walls of my stomach.  She said they could not even get to my fallopian tubes because of the tissue.  They removed as much scar tissue as they could and clipped them so they no longer connect to my uterous.  Long story short, they were unsuccessful in opening my tubes and because of it there is no way that we can concieve.  I still have one ovary, however she told us that the ovary is also ingulfed in scar tissue.  She told us that she does believe that it is possible for us to get pregnant through in vitro fertilization.  Actually that is the only chance we have of being able to have a child of our own.  The bad news with that is she believes that we don't have all the time in the world to do this due to the fact that the ovary is infected.  We have submitted paperwork to get put on the list to have the procedure done at Wilford Hall, but they have a 2 to 3 year wait.  The procedure outside of military channels will cost us 10 thousand dollars so which ever one comes first will be the way we go.  We are asking that if there is anyone out there who knows someone or knows something or anything or has any information that may be benificial to our situation please, please let us know.  This is a big family and anyone that has any information or guidance for us we would more than appriciate it.   We are also asking that you continue to keep us in your prayers, and would like to thank you for all the prayers that you have sent up on our behalf.  We are staying prayerful but we are also asking that God gives us peace and acceptance to the doing of His will.  And I am asking for special prayer for my husband.  Everyone knows what is going on with me because I am so vocal about it but my husband is a little different.  He tends to hold it inside while trying to be strong for me, but I know he is having a very hard time with this also.  He has been wonderful but I know he too could use some encouragement.  So please lift him up also.  Well once again thank you for everything that you all have done and for being what we consider our true family.  We love you and look forward to hearing from you.  God Bless.

Tenisia Stirrup

wwjd111281@yahoo.com

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeanette-Jordan-03

Sweetie, you and your Hubby are in our thoughts and prayers!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » My Surgery....
 Page 1 of 1