FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TIB '06--Okay, Here we go...
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am 

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: TIB '06--Okay, Here we go... Reply with quote

Mimi-Ledet-06

So is anyone else hitting that wall?  I've been at work for a week now and am just about to go crazy...

Little Mimi,
Little Mimus,
Little Cabbage-Handed One...

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: The WALL Reply with quote

Stan-Rolf-81

Yo Fam,

The WAll,... OH Yes,  I remember it well Laughing ...!

Too wide to go around it, too high to go over it!  So...Ya just gotta go thru it!  I toured 25 years ago and still remember the Wall,... BETTER THAN MOST OF THE BASES WE PLAYED AT!
Shocked

I feel for ya Clem!   Sad   Keep close to this family, we all been thru it!  Time will heal the wound...you'll bleed BLUE for a while, then red, and then you'll find ways to give back.  To others and the program!!

Scream if you need help!

Stan Rolf
TIB 81 ME
"Still BLUER than "&%#@"

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal-Solomon-05

Ah the WALL, I too remember it well. Like our brother said you just have to go through it. You can make it because if you can make it through tour you can make it through anything. Take care

Peace
~ J

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

annely-rezabek

jamaal!!!
when are you coming back?!?! i can't believe you're going to miss my birthday!  Sad

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry-Frey-06

Mimi!!!!  The Wall!!!! ARRGGHHH!!!!  Yeah - I definitely hit the wall this past week.  Even after a month off, spending every day with both of my girls, and having then getting used to me being home all the time - i never hit the wall until I went back to work this week.  Things at my office are so dis-arranged and just a complete eyesore that I am totally beside myself at times.  

On the other hand, I was given a job offer that I am really thinking about.  The trans yard here at Travis offered me a GS-8 position driving bus (of course).  I would leave active duty and go reserve if I do take this.  MY family is all for it, but I would love to hear some other feedback from my blue family and see what you all think.

And on a complete side note.  Sara and I went to see Rascal Flatts last night at Konocti Harbor and Resort for their final night of the Me And My Gang Tour.  What a performance!  The stage, lights, truss, musicians - whoa!  The only thing that really caught me off guard was that they tried a new song last night and were they ever off pitch!  That was the only thing that disappointed me in the 2 1/2 hr show.

Hope all is well in the Land of Blue!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby-Washington-Jr-05

Frey'

Thats funny because I recently just got our Trans. guy here to add the Bus passenger endorsement to my license, finally, along with another truck from previous base X.

Its all a matter of what YOU want to do and/or where you want your family to be...However long you have left on your enlistment, use that time to tie up any loose ends. Weigh ALL of your options.

..."Its All Relative....But, It's Not Negative".....

TOP View user's profileSend private message Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Yo Larry....sup bro??? Long time no chime! Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Larry,

Totally agree with Bobby W., Jamaal, and Stan! Just gotta push on through and deal wit it! The wall can manifest in myriad ways! it could be triggered by home life or work life! In your case it was work life! For me it was worst during off-duty "free-time". That's when you tend to be least busy and most prone to notice the sudden ABUNDANCE of spare time and leisure you have!

Fortunately for you.....you have a wife and child now to keep your off-duty tiime occupied (distracted) enough to keep your mind off how much you miss your Blue '06 family. But, you can thank the TIB gods above that you have this amazing and beautiful website to keep in constant touch with your '06 peeps and ALL of us priors who care for you just as much as your own tourmates do!! Just imagine what it was like (and still is for some non-tech savy old-head priors) who never had the internet to rescue them from Post-Delayed Blue Stress Syndrome...or PDBSS for short! (laughs!) Don't worry pal.....were all here for you whenever you feel the need (urge) to vent and reminise about the good old daze!

Keep your chops up as best you can! Love to hear more about your new baby! What's it like being a new dad???

Be well! Call me if you need anything! Sorry I missed you at McGuire! et al! Tough year for me! Stuff is getting really busy and crazy for me now! Biz is finally BOOMING! Soon I'll be posting job openings for priors with visual arts talents for my sign biz.......when i can afford to take on employees! Not quite there yet though! Too much on my plate as it is for the time being!

Love you ALL Blue family!!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Duerk

Work around the wall. That what made you blue to begin with.  We can conquer anything..... I still work 6 to 7 days a week and about 14 to 16 hours a day.  You never need to hit a wall if you look for something that needs to be done.  Enjoy the sleep,but stil live every moment to its fullest.

Aaron Duerk
TIB 97,98

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan- Wright

wow!! that wall hurts! well I'm just now getting back around the site.  i keep thinking I've hit the wall only to hit the wall again only harder.  I I'm trying to stay busy but i feel like I'm in limbo.  

My shop is closing down June First so I'll be going learning another job, but they aren't going to send me to upgrade training for it because my DOS is Feb and my term leave would start in Dec.  I felt like this would be a wait of my time and the Air Forces so I applied for Palace Chase so i can start school in the fall at UTA in Arlington TX.  

I applied for the ANG Band but did not make it(for now!) so I'm applying as a crew chief and i can always audition again later.  what it comes down to is i feel like I'm in a holding pattern and I'm not sure were to land.  This all makes me miss everyone sooooooooooo much. I love my BLUE Family!!!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » TIB '06--Okay, Here we go...
 Page 1 of 1