FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Advice......
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Advice...... Reply with quote

Katie-Badowski-10

Hello,
Well, I am sitting here contemplating what I should do and wanted some much needed advice.  Here is the delema.   I am currently in school with graduation in the near future (i.e June 2008) and I have been contemplating when would be the best time to audition again for TIB.  Here are my two options:
1) IF I audition this year:
   I would run the risk of leaving for tour in January-not getting back until Feb the following year.  Interupting two classes that can only be taken in the winter. (Aural Skills and Music History-Music Major)Hence graduating in 2010. Unless, I can talk some teacher's into allowing me to continue until the term is over.
2) IF I audition next year:
   I would be leaving during my Graduate Studies and missing out on Student teaching during the winter.   The problem with this is I don't know where I will be doing my graduate studies.  

What would you do?  I have been wanting to reaudition since last year.  This is the only thing standing in my way.  I don't want to walk away from this opportunity.  

Any advice would be great.  Thanks.

Last edited by Katie-Badowski-10 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine-Farris-05

Well, I don't know if this will help or not but coming from someone that has a music degree, I guess the best thing would be to figure out what would be worth missing and how difficult it would be coming back to school.  

I took a year off the year before my last year becuz I had no money. All of my classes went sequentially, kind of like yours, only offered in the spring or winter. I also still had to student teach. It was very difficult for me to come back after taking a year off. Especially with student teaching, that is a full time job. I guess that your best bet would be to try for this coming year--you might be able to coordinate some of your classes before you leave or even get them done early. It really depends on your professors.

That's the advice that I got for you. I hope that it was somewhat helpful.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Good luck!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naybu

Katie B!
Glad to see you out on the board.  Been a long time, huh?  The only advice I have for you is to follow your heart.  No matter what you do, if you are determined to complete it (whether it be school or tour), YOU CAN DO IT!  

Wishing you ALL THE BEST!

Naybu

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Katie!!!!

Glad to hear that you're planning on auditioning.  It sounds like you got the best advice out there.  It really is a decision you're going to have to make.  I think Christine summed it up.

Anyway, if you need anything let me know.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: The Decision is............ Reply with quote

Katie-Badowski-10

Well, I have decided to go for it.  You will be seeing an application rolling in this fall Smile
I figured why pass up this opportunity.  I can always finish school, I can't always tour.
Thanks everybody for the advice:)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Advice......
 Page 1 of 1