FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Thinking of auditions....
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am 

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Thinking of auditions.... Reply with quote

Lesa

I am thinking of auditioning for TIB, definitely looking for someone in the Seymour Johnson AFB area in NC.  I have lots of questions and would like some guidance.  I really can't sing, I think I may be tone deaf (lol) It's really that bad though.  I am a dancer, mostly classical ballet, but background in all types and willing to learn!  Please contact me, thanks!

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal-Solomon-05

Hello My nane is Jamaal. Currewtnly I'm stationed in Japan, but I was just at Pope. I've still got some friends in the NC area that could help you and I'm here if you need anything also. Shoot me msg with your info and I'll get it to them. TTFN

Peace
~ J

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Carrying a tune in a bucket Reply with quote

John Wyman 03/04

And just to add, don't let your lack of ability to sing dissuade you. On both of my tours we had someone who auditioned AND made it as a dancer. But if you've even got the slightest bit of vocal talent... TIB will find a way to improve on it and use it. Both of the dancers on tour with me wound up with live microphones in their hands. Smile (Or so they thought, right K-Dub? Smile )

Good luck.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Lesa Reply with quote

TaKeesha-Washington-03

Hi Lesa,

I'm TaKeesha (toured in 2003) and I'd be happy to help you.  Right now I'm a dance/cheer coach here in Charlotte so email me your info, or just give me a call anytime.  From there, we can work out everything else.

How much do you know about Tops in Blue? I can give you some ideas about what's expected of you at World Wide, and help you pack your audition piece with with enough moves to show off your talent.

I look forward to hearing from you.  Very Happy

No matter what anybody says about you, no matter who you are, no matter where you come from or who you come from--you and you, alone, have the power to take the limits off of your faith and your life and off of God. -- TYLER PERRY

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

Wyman

Nice one.....or so they thought......

What he didn't know was that Erin was backstage singing his part......

jai

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wyman 03/04

You know, she was actually backstage playing Valve bone for a while there too. Just ask her. Smile

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

And all that time at the meet-and-greets the audience was saying "That goofy-looking white kid played the valve bone so well".

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael-Manfredonia-04

I like how this thread has now become a "Bash Wyman" thread.  So let me carry on.  Remember in the desert how Wyman broke his valve-bone and only played his harmonica solo, then Ed thought it was stupid for him to walk out from backstage for that one line, so Ed made him do it from backstage?  I do.  DOWN WITH THE TUFT!!!

But anyway, Lesa, dancers are an integral part of every Tops In Blue show.  We have a guy on 06 that auditioned as a dancer, and while we're on the road he is responsible for keeping all of the choreography tight.  Heck, they even gave him a couple of lines in the show.  They're just speaking lines, but they are lines regardless.  So, good luck to you, and there are always people here on the board to help when necessary.

04 Audio & 06 Audio

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

Yeah, Manfred, I remember that.  I always loved it when Edward would impassively punk people out.....just like those times when we'd collectively get a speech/lecture about something but you knew he was probably talking directly to Wyman (lol, i'm clowning, bro).

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Ummmmm? Reply with quote

TaKeesha-Washington-03

FIRST:  Lesa, I've been trying to contact you with no luck.  Please email me at auntiekeesha@hotmail.com or call 704-307-3000.

SECOND:  I don't know what made this post go from joining TIB to "JOHN WYMAN", but I guess it's nice to know that the guy is still alive! Ballezz, I'm giving you the "Hold On" stare right about now.  I dare you to say something!  You know!

No matter what anybody says about you, no matter who you are, no matter where you come from or who you come from--you and you, alone, have the power to take the limits off of your faith and your life and off of God. -- TYLER PERRY

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal-Solomon-05

well let me jump on the bash wyman bandwagon...you'll never beat me up the front truss! hahahahaha

Peace
~ J

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wyman 03/04

So I"m like a year late on my defense, but:

To my beloved Keesh: You're darn right I remember the "Hold On" stare.  Wink And I'm sorry I never called ya back (I'm pretty horrible about it) but your phone call couldn't have come at a better time. I'll tell ya about it some other time.

To Manfred: Do not fear the might of the Tuft... only respect it. Someday maybe you too can hope to achieve its glory

To Jamie: Dude, I KNEW he was talking about me, every stinking time. Smile For like a month straight I was like, "Crap... they're sending me home tonight."

To Jamaal: We'll see about that one jerk. Wink

Love ya guys,

J-Balls!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

Am I losing my ability to read or does this thread say...Joining TIB??  Man, just like Priors...get off a subject in at the drop of a hat  Wink

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Thinking of auditions....
 Page 1 of 1