FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » WWTC Selects for TIB » TIB 2007
 Goto page 1, 2  Next The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am 

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: TIB 2007 Reply with quote

Alexander Ruiz

So, here we are! I can't wait to see all of you again. We have a killer year ahead of us and we're going to rock!

To get back to San Antonio is a challenge in and of itself as there is much administrative legwork at hand for everyone. Please think about your IM/CSS folks and get your paperwork in order. Save your home units some headaches! Don't get them in trouble during some inspection you won't be around for.

I have already scheduled a PT test, PHA and other things so that I can leave Montana with a clear focus on our tour. You don't want your TIB selection to be any kind of burden on folks back at home nor do you want to be cleaning up loose ends during staging. I'm sure you would all agree that having all our "ducks in a row" is among the better ways to thank Mr. Edwards for having chosen us.

If you would like ANY assistance gearing up for this, keep me in the loop. I'll help constantly hunt for the best answer. There isn't a checklist for everything, so let's use each other to sharpen our preparation for this awesome opportunity and get to Lackland ready to work!

Any issues, please feel free to post them here or email me at NUCadet@aol.com.

See you soon!

Capt. Alex Ruiz

Last edited by Alexander Ruiz on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy-Johnson-07

I had my eye appointment today to order new glasses (including gas mask inserts) - if you wear glasses or contacts it would be a good idea to update your prescription and maybe to have an extra pair (or two) just in case.  If the new specs. don't come before you leave, your unit can forward them to you in San Antonio.

Also, I'm not sure how they handle excess leave or use-or-lose status; they don't authorize "ordinary" leave during the tour so you might want to check your LES and see if you need to take some leave before Staging.  Hey, it's a chance to spend some quality time with friends & family around the holidays, before you head off for the year!  

Anything I can help with, same as with the Captain, just drop me a line at sgt-slyde@cebridge.net or give me a call (DSN 731-8265 or 5610) and I'll do what I can.  I try to check this bulletin board every day or two as well.  We're all a team, we're all here for each other!

Thanks!
- Buddy

Last edited by Buddy-Johnson-07 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

I'm excited.

I'm taking my PT test...and I think all of my other ancillary stuff will be good.

The only thing I have is some online training that I will do closer to the day I leave to ensure that I'm good for the whole year.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Ruiz

Okay, I redefined this forum to make it a little more official.

I'll be emailing you all shortly with a charge to ensure you check this site as much as possible. We have to keep the info flowing smoothly and this bulletin board is really the best method. Before long, there will be information I need to pass along and as we know, time is of the essence.  

I want all TIB '07 to post a reply to this forum so that I know we are good to go.

Last edited by Alexander Ruiz on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie-Little

I agree totally with Capt. It can do nothing but help us grow as a family!! You can never start too early! Hope all is well with everyone!
Very Happy See you soon!

Julie

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic-Amari

hey guys I guess im finally added to all this fun stuff lol Im super stoked to see everyone again as well if anyone doesnt have my number by now its 260-415-2375 and you can look me up on myspace under email codym31503@comcast.net.  talk to ya all soon.  Lates.

Hey Capt. I also got the email and here I be. TTYS

Nic

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: TIB 2007 Reply with quote

Benjamin Taylor

Hey Capt., I received the email and so I post. See everyone in Jan!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: hey everyone Reply with quote

Alicia-Tucker

Hey everyone!!!  

Capt just wanted to touch base and let you know that I got your email.  I can't wait to see all you guys.

SrA Alicia Tucker

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allexander Lyons

Here is my obligatory post to the capt's e-mail. I don't really have anything new to say so I'll see all of you in Jan.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan-Hayden

Hey, Everybody!!
I'm ready to ROCK!!!
To everyone who made it, CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to work with EveryOne, so let's make it a GREAT Year!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: TIB 2007 Reply with quote

Kimberly-Robinson

Greetings all!!

I hope this message finds all who read it well. My sincerest congratulations to everyone - I'm so excited about seeing you again and getting our show on the road. I don't know about any of you but I know I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed thinking about and planning to get all the things that need to get taken care of complete.

Just wanted to touch base and post some things to remember as the weeks progress:

- Don't forget if you're planning to take any leave between now and staging the suspense to inform Terri is TOMORROW Friday 8 December. Bios are due TUESDAY 12 December / PTDY orders are due on the 15th.
- Even if you've already taken your PT test this year, take another one the 1st or 2nd week of January so you don't come overdue on tour.
- Get w/ your Training manager and/or your Mobility folks and find out exactly what training you need to reaccomplish before you leave. Plan to take all the CBTs the 1st or 2nd week in January as most of those only stay current for one year. It may take some time to get scheduled for chem warfare and weapons training so be sure to communicate and let everyone know what you need to get done and what timeline you're on.
- Make arrangements to get all your Immunizations - especially those required for deployment into the AOR (i.e. small pox, typhoid, flu shot, etc.) Someone already mentioned the PHA so be sure to get those and any other medical appointments scheduled ASAP. Don't forget copies of your medical records and any perscriptions you will need.
- Be sure to close off things at work properly. Don't bail on your supervisor or co-workers during this month because you have all this new stuff to take care of and an exciting adventure ahead of you. Leave behind some form of continuity. This is critical because someone is going to have to pick up the slack in your absence. Do all you can to make that person(s) life as easy as possible!
- Set up direct deposit/direct debit for everything you possibly can. And write down passwords, usernames, and account numbers in something you won't lose! Leave behind a copy of all that info with someone you trust.
- Think about any obligations you have or property that might require service or inspection in your absence - consider drafting a Power of Attorney for a trustworthy someone who can handle your affairs while your gone. The JAG can help you with this should it be something you think you'll need.
- I'm thinking of getting a Tri-Band cellphone so I can make calls from all the various places we'll be traveling. Here's a link to where I got some good info in case you are also thinking of doing something similar: http://www.thetravelinsider.info/2002/0308.htm
- Load your IPods and MP3 players with plenty of your favorite tunes and video files.
- Take some leave and enjoy time with your family and friends during the holiday if you can!!

That's all I got for now... woo that was a lot huh? Guess it's just the personnelist in me. Hopefully you'll find some of the info useful. Smile

Again congrats to each of you! I am truly excited to see you all again and am hopeful your holiday is truly blessed. We all have much to be grateful for.

Take care my friends - shoot me an email if you need anything at all.

Lt Kimberly Robinson
Flight Commander TIB '07

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Woot Woot! Reply with quote

Danny-Rutherford

Hey everyone!  

Lot's o stuff to do to prepare, eh?  Isn't it great??  I'm on board and ready to go!

Comm chk good to go, Capt.

Rock on
SrA Daniel Rutherford (SSgt on Jan 1st, woohoo!)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic-Amari

Thanks again LT for takin the time out to make sure we have all our "ducks in a row."  Again can't WAIT to see EVERYONE!!!

A1C Nicholas Amari

(Soon to be SrA Amari Dec. 15, 2006 whoot whoot)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

april vollm

Hello Capt. Ruiz,

Thank you for keeping us all in line.  Everything is in line so far with my preparation.  

Congratulations to all of my teammates!!  I can't wait to see you all again!

SrA April Vollm

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Hi I finally signed in Reply with quote

Rick-Rosales

Good morning TIB 2007....
Well I have started all the checklist, CBT and workout stuff...and am finding little to no time to get all this done....but as  Ms. Jerri says in TIB "make it happen"  and we will.  Let me know if you guys need any help or have any questions? I am totally happy to help ya'll .
Love your NEW BROTHER Rickie
See ya'll soon
January is coming too soon.
SRA RICKIE ROSALES
osansriblett@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/osansriblett
757-273-1334

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Comm check reply Reply with quote

Jennifer-Dack

Here is my comm. check-I am registered here, now, and excited to see you all in January-can't get here fast enough (except for the fact that we have a lot to accomplish before then.... Smile.
Congrats everyone, on your selection-you all rock!!!
Jennifer Dack
greeneyed_dragon@roadrunner.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose-gutierrez

I'm here.  I'm actually on my way to get my teeth attacked by the dental clinic shortly, however I remain excited to return to TX and begin working with all of you  Very Happy

-G

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Ruiz

Looking good so far, folks. We're still missing a few. Keep 'em coming.

Your deadline for leave between now and staging has passed! I know you guys are all square on that deal.

Tomorrow is your media profile deadline. Keep up the good work.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry-Nix

Roger on your comm check Capt. Looking forward to coming back to TX to get staging started so we can get out on the open road.  Hope ya'll have safe and Happy Holidays.  Morelater.  

Larry

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: HEY TEAM, IT'S ME!!!!! Reply with quote

keith-martin

Well, I'm finally here.  Had a slight difficult time trying to get on.  Most likely "operator error"  Smile   But I'm here.

Let me just say that I am so EXCITED to be working with all of you.  This is going to be just GREAT.  January 15th just can't get here fast enough.  People here at Columbus AFB are about as excited as I am.

But anyway, I will see you all real soon.

Capt, let's do this.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: I'm here Reply with quote

Rodney-Mays

Howdy ya'll,

I have been checking this bulletin board Capt Ruiz, I promise.  I was just able to log on recently.  

I am really looking forward to working with everyone this coming year.  The songs Mr. Best sent seem pretty cool.  A bit difficult for me, but obtainable non-the-less.  Talk to ya'll soon.

Rodney

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Present and accounted for sir! Reply with quote

Wendell-Boone-Jr-07

Season's Greetings everyone,

I'm a computer operator by trade and ironically my computer has hindered me from reporting in a timely manner.  However, I am glad to say I have finally caught up with the rest of you outstanding TIB 07' members.  CONGRATS to us all for the gazillionth time  Smile   We all know enormous amounts of hard work lie ahead and I have a few things I'd like to add to help us all through this lengthy as well as demanding tour:

Nutrition:

-Healthy meals may be few and far between, so a daily regimen of vitamins will help keep our bodies strong and healthy enough to perform day in and day out and to fight off any illness that may arise (like the one I've been battling since Thanksgiving).  Look for multi-vitamins specific for your gender, if you can't find them, then the ever-so-popular Flinstone vitamins will do Smile  The current TIB team mentioned that they drink a lot of energy drinks, well you can also take energy pills if you don't like running to the bathroom every 10 minutes.  Most multi-vitamins come with an energy additive anyway.  With vitamin intake it is very important to HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!!!  Note:  Check with your doctor before taking vitamins if you have Diabetes or any digestive type illnesses.

Vocalists:

-HYDRATE!!!
-Warm pineapple juice (for soar throat)
-scarfs (we all know we must protect our instrument)
-Entertainer's Secret (throat spray that can be found at a pharmacy, but you have to ask for it)

Vocalist and Instrumentalist:

-Smart Music Studio (for those who haven't heard of it, it is music software that you practice with and it will accompany you and act as a coach to help you find your correct sound)
-Under Armour (I've already begun stocking up on mine, and even the Wal-Mart brand is expensive so I suggest asking for some as a Christmas gift)

Everyone:

-Hand sanitizer (with our ops tempo and close quarters, we will be subject to all types of germs without the ability to properly sanitize, so a personal bottle of hand sanitizer will help prevent the spread of germs)

This is all I have for now.  I hope you all receive this post in the highest of spirits.  Much love and God bless you all... see you on Jan. 15th!

J.R. a.k.a. "Sam Cooke"

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Checkin in... finally Reply with quote

Patrick Crossland

Sorry bout the late check in, but being on leave out of the country that you normally live in makes all this stuff that much more fun to keep up with.  Thank god for wireless internet...

Last edited by Patrick Crossland on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie-Little

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank YOU Wendell!!
I didn't even think to ask for UA for gifts! That's great!

Team~

Another thing to add to the Vitamins, I use the powdered Vitamin supplement called 'Emergen-C' it's great for energy boost and a Vitamin C upload to help ward off cold and help your immune system stay strong. All you do is put it in a half bottle of water! or you can heat it up, it's great either way! You can find it at any GNC or health store! Check it out!   Razz

~ if you are or are feeling like you are coming down with a cold  Mr. Green try AirBorne It's a great product too!

Cheers! and see you soon!

Julie

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtney-Marsteller-03/04

TIB 07,

They also sell Under Armour at the BX and it's about 1/3 of the price so look there too!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew.Brock

Hey Capt. got your e-mail just checking in.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdubmixed

happy holidays to all.. can't wait to start the tour..

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Ruiz

JDubMixed, name please?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: On here at last Reply with quote

Keith-Loudermill

Hello everyone,

Look forward to seeing you soon. Again if there is anything I can do for anyone please feel free to let me know.  My cell is 210-396-6854.  

Keith Loudermill

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdubmixed

Sorry Captain... Jesse Cox

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Useful Hints Reply with quote

Keith-Loudermill

Here are a few things that I think might be of use.

1. Take care of home before getting to staging
-Spouse
-Children
-Debts
-Take some personal time for you!
-Power of Attorney - if you are going to entrust you car or personal belongings make sure you have some type of written agreement

2. NCO's and Future NCO's
-Start studying before you get to staging, staging is not the time to start studying! You should only be reviewing when you get arrive in SA.

3.  COME WITH AN OPEN MIND AND PRIDE SET TO THE SIDE
- This tour has a lot to offer us if we let it.
- As you saw at WW, the professionals that we will be working with are there to ensure we have to tools necessary to be the best of the best.

4. Choose what you bring carefully
-Excess baggage just creates unnecessary stress in the end
-Remember that at the end of tour everything you bring and store has to get home some how

5. Please don’t be afraid to ask questions
- The Air Force Entertainment Staff is the Only authority for administrative issues (Procedures change every year with Tops In Blue so you need to make sure you are getting the most current and up to date information)
-Don’t rely on priors for admin only rely on the office (If it is listed on the checklist you most likely need to call the office)
- The priors are here to help, if you need us to get something answered for you feel free to call anytime.

6. DON’T FORGET TO THANK THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO WILL BE COVERING YOU WHILE YOU ARE GONE
-We are not the only ones making a sacrifice during the next year
-Just as we will be missing our family during the next year, our co-workers might have to stay late some days to cover our work so we can tour.

7. Fit to Fight
-Lock in your workout
-The  more fit you are when you come to staging, the less chance of injury

8. Come ready to have an EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME

9. LEARN ALL MATERIAL
-BE PREPARED WITH ALL MATERIAL THAT HAS BEEN SENT TO US
-VOCALIST HAVE YOUR FAST AND SLOW SONGS READY WHEN YOU GET TO STAGING

10. Taxes (There will be time allotted during staging)

-Tax season is among us, have ALL receipts, previous tax documents, check or routing information in ONE folder
-Organization will be critical to this process.

YOURS TRULY

SSgt Keith Loudermill
DSN 665-4019
Cell 210-396-6854

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Helpful Hints from the Pyro Wolverine Reply with quote

Kellee-Ryan-95

Greetings Rookies (and Returning TIB)

About this time of year you'll start seeing posts from those of us who've done this before offering helpful hints and words of wisdom so here are mine:

- Make yourself a little pharmacy bag that goes inside your small daily carry-around TIB bag: motrin, Dayquil capsules for colds, tylenol, immodium, antacid tablets, and dramamine.  I had never been motion-sick in my life until flying mil air (no windows means no visible horizon for the eye to focus on = dry heaves from Alaska to Japan).  Motrin is an anti-inflammatory while tylenol is a pain reliever - take the right thing for the situation and you will get relief quicker.  And I personally like the smell of Ben Gay but a lot of people don't so if you can find it, Biofreeze rules.  Ask anyone who's ever had the Turkey Trots if they wish they had carried some immodium in their bag instead of suffering the embarassment of sending someone to the BX to get some while they waited in the bathroom (our trumpet player was miserable for days).

- Make a Xerox copy front and back of things like all credit cards, driver's license, etc and carry it with you in your luggage so if you lose your wallet (and people always do) then you can call the 1-800 numbers to freeze your lost cards and get new ones even if you're overseas.  The Great Jim Wintermyre (guitarist, AFMDB) lost his wallet TWICE on the road.

- I never realized that I got ring-around-the-collar until TIB...Shout makes a stick that looks like a deodorant stick that you can rub on stuff like that.  It packs easy and its the only thing I found that took the RATC out every time.  Speaking of your ascots, take one of the ones you are issued and put it in a ziploc bag.  This is now your emergency ascot and if you lose one or yours is dirty then you have a nice fresh one any time, anywhere.  You can also save someone else this way if they need one and you have a fresh spare.

- DO NOT put your jumpsuit in the dryer.  Ever.  Seriously.

- Keep snacks like Powerbars or little individual packs of cookies and stuff in your little TIB bag.  Especially during staging, there wil be many times you can't get a break for food and you'll be starving so it's nice to have a stash.

- Keep a travel size battery-powered alarm clock in your little bag.  You will inevitably get screwed by a room clock that is either slow, the clock radio volume is on zero so you never hear it go off, or no one set the clock for daylight savings time.  Nothing starts your day off worse (having gotten two hours of sleep) than waking up in OH SH*T mode because someone is pounding on your door and you have two minutes to catch the bus.    

AND LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT... Feed your techs.  On the road, the performers will have almost every day to get a break, leave the venue and go eat, run errands, get a nap, etc.  More often than not, the techs do not leave the venue in the afternoons so please either appoint someone or take it upon yourselves to make sure that someone makes sure the techs eat or order their food to bring it back for them.  I can't tell you how many times we starved on my tour because everyone fled without asking us if we needed anything and we couldn't get away to go get food.  

That's about all I can think of for my annual Helpful Hints.  Remember to take care of each other (even the ones you don't like very much), and a sense of humor goes far to keep your perspective.  Almost everything makes a great funny story a month from now, so remember to not let things get too serious, angry, or panicky.  Good Luck and Godspeed...

Kellee Ryan, TIB 95
The Wolverine of Love and Pyro

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Hey hey hey Reply with quote

wallis-payano

WOW,
This is amazing. all the advice is really helping out alot. Just saying hello.  Can't wait till Jan 15th to see all of you guys. I know this will be a year I will never forget.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Reply with quote

Hanh

Thanks Ryan for all the great tips, especially, for reminding everyone to feed the techies. Everyone have a great Holidays.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Hanh wrote:
Thanks Ryan for all the great tips, especially, for reminding everyone to feed the techies. Everyone have a great Holidays.

HEY!!!  That's Madame Pyro to you!  Show some respect to your Tech Elders!  Cool

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanh

ROGER THAT, MA'AM!!!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Wilkerson

Great tips guys!
By the way, has anyone else had an issue of updating their security clearance?  (Or am I just showing my age?) LOL.  Seriously I have been working diligently to get that done.  From what I hear if it's not intact, I can't tour so I am on it!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie-Little

I guess I will date myself as well, I too, am dealing with the security clearance issue. It is NOT true that you can not tour, the only thing that it holds you back from is govenment email, since you are working with it 6 months before your actually going to expire, according to my security guy here at warren.
You should be ok. I can't even access the web site until after Jan 18 so I'll be working my stuff though staging (with whatever time we get). Make sure you have all of your addresses and friends addresses up to date! I am filling out the questionaire in pencil and bringing it with so it simplifies things when I can access the site!
We can help each other though it!
Smile
julie

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Wilkerson

Cool!  I will do the same thing by bringing as much of my friends info as I could possibly gather.  I will be looking forward to it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Staging Reply with quote

jose-gutierrez

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a happy holiday.  

I was just rummaging through stuff of possible things to pack for staging and I was wondering if any of the prior techs had any advice for us new tech selects on what to bring to TX.  Thanks!    Very Happy

-jose

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael-Manfredonia-04

To all the techs out there:

Bring a Leatherman!  As a tech you will use yours a whole lot more than the rest of the team, so I would recommend, if you don't not already own one, to purchase one and make sure that it will be versatile enough to handle a multitude of jobs.

04 Audio & 06 Audio

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eric-gillespie-02

I totally agree with Mike.  Even if you are not a tech you should still buy a Leatherman/Gerber. It comes in handy when you are setting up no matter if you are Staging,Lighting or Audio.

Remember you are not just the performers but the roadies also so having a good versatile tool like that is a must.

Eric Gillespie
TIB 2002

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

Ok, I've narrowed down my list of personal/optional things to bring aside from the necessary clothing items. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

1. Macbook Pro (w/all music software, chord books, music, etc.)
2. iPod
3. Camera
4. Cell phone

I can fit all of that into a very compact space, and that would be everything I need to go anywhere.

Any other suggestions?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Ruiz

Sounds like my packing list. I echo the leatherman thing. Mine helped me through many a pinch while gigging around. Everyone ought to get used to having one handy.

Keep up the dialogue, folks. The discussions are awesome and are surely provoking thoughts for everyone reading them. Thanks, priors, for gracing us with your sage wisdom...and thanks ahead of time for your future help. It's priceless!

Think about taxes, please. Bring any documents you can for the approaching tax season. I would like that to be a swift and insignificant thing for us as much as possible.

Those few of us on PRP, please contact me ASAP if you have any questions. I'll bet your PRP monitor has you squared away, but I'm here for help if you need.

If ANYONE is having ANY problems getting checklist stuff done, I want to know about it. Many times a phone call can go a long way, know what I mean? If anyone just thought to themselves 'what checklist?', punch yourself in the face, then call me for assistance.

I'll be traveling from now until staging. Anyone needing to get ahold of me, please call: 2103635648 or email NUCadet@aol.com

Remember, you guys already all rock in your own rights. You've proven it. TIB has chosen all of us to rock as a team, however, which is a whole different ball game. Everything we do from here on has an effect on this family.  Be sure you are set up for success upon arrival. I'm betting we'll find out sooner than later there isn't anything this team can't do.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Clothes Reply with quote

jose-gutierrez

Here's my list of things I was contemplating on bringing.  Any thoughts?

1) Laptop
2) Digital Camera
3) Small Digital Camcorder ***
4) Electric razor ***
5) Ipod
6) Alarm clock ***

The ones with asterisks denote items I'm not sure of.  Also, what about clothing?  Besides undergarments and socks, I know we were advised to bring about two changes of clothing, but does that apply to the techs as well?  Just wondering, thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy-Johnson-07

I don't see an issue with your list.  I don't intend to bring a separate video camera as my digital camera will make Quicktime videos - admittedly not high quality but good enough for me.  So long as the stuff is pretty small and light it shouldn't be an issue.  If something becomes an issue (or if you just get tired of dragging it around) you will probably be able to mail it back to someone at your home station or to family or something.  

As for other electrical items, if at all possible make sure they're battery powered (AA or C or something standard like that) or multi-voltage - most everywhere outside of the U.S. I've been was different voltage than here.  You can get transformers to step-down the voltage but they're heavy and expensive (because they have so much copper in them) and I fried the power supply of my guitar pre-amp in Qatar last summer when I plugged into one that had gone bad.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Clothes Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

jose-gutierrez wrote:
Here's my list of things I was contemplating on bringing.  Any thoughts?

1) Laptop
2) Digital Camera
3) Small Digital Camcorder ***
4) Electric razor ***
5) Ipod
6) Alarm clock ***

The ones with asterisks denote items I'm not sure of.  Also, what about clothing?  Besides undergarments and socks, I know we were advised to bring about two changes of clothing, but does that apply to the techs as well?  Just wondering, thanks!

Jose...

YES!!!  For God's sake, bring an alarm clock...a battery powered one.  The power will go out or the room you're in will not have one right when you need it most.  
And yes, even Techies need a change of clothes or two.  Smile  
I don't think I'd worry about the electric razor, unless it holds a charge for a good long time...you should start researching which disposables you like best.  
The camcorder could be pretty useful (humor, blackmail, etc)  As long as it's small enough.  Again, make sure you know the exact time the battery lasts and what kind of tapes it takes...make sure you carry spares...you might not be able to find what you need when you need it.

Ask away!  We're here to help!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose-gutierrez

Quote:
And yes, even Techies need a change of clothes or two.  

ha, k thanks.  Smile  I was just wondering because they implied the performers were provided with their clothing during staging but I don't know if that applied to us as well, or if we should bring an ample enough amount of work clothes again.  Thanks!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

jose-gutierrez wrote:

ha, k thanks.  Smile  I was just wondering because they implied the performers were provided with their clothing during staging but I don't know if that applied to us as well, or if we should bring an ample enough amount of work clothes again.  Thanks!

You should get all the work clothes you need.  It's been a while but I do know they won't expect you to wear out/dirty up/damage your own personal clothes.  You'll want the "civvies" for the times you actually get to "chill out" and relax for a minute.  Usually a pair of jeans, a pair of nice-ish slacks, maybe a pair of shorts, couple t-shirts, and a nice collared shirt. And don't forget something to sleep in...going commando won't always be a good ideer.  And a lightweight civvie jacket.  There will be times you won't want to/shouldn't wear TIB gear.  

One other word of advice...PACK the night before you leave somewhere.  Don't say "ah, I'll do it when I get up"  YOU WILL BE LATE!  Put your toiletries somewhere you can get to them easily and put your undergarments close by too, that way you won't have to totally unpack when you get where ever.  Just unzip the bag, grab and go.  

Oh there is so much to learn!!!  But it's all good and all fun!  Ok and hard work and difficult and a pain in the legs and back and....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

Good tips! Thank you.

I just got my Macbook pro lastnight...WOOHOO!

I'm getting it all ready for the road.
Does anyone know some specifics on the nationwide internet?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 TIB Community Portal Forum Index » WWTC Selects for TIB » TIB 2007
 Page 1 of 2