FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » WWTC Selects for TIB » TIB 2007 Selectees
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am 

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Congrats to ALL Reply with quote

Julie-Little

Congratulations EVERYONE!

I am super excited to work with all of you this coming January! It is such a blessing and a huge honor to carry on the TIB tradition!

For those that were not selected for this year.... HANG IN THERE! and DON'T GIVE UP! Take to heart what you have learned from your team leaders and team mates , apply it now and in your next audition, you can only improve your craft!

God Bless!!

Julie

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Ruiz

That's a stellar team if I ever saw one! 60th anniversary tour, anybody? Let's kick some butt!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

Naybu

To The Tops In Blue 2007 Selectees:
Congratulations to each and every one of you.  This was your year.  This was the year you deserved to make the team.  You are about to embark on the most adventurous tour you have ever experienced or thought of.  Get ready for a lot of hard work.  Remember, the show is what is most important, and the people who are coming to see it.  THEY NEED YOU!!!  And YOU NEED THEM!!!!  Be encouraged and enjoy this.  Always cherish this feeling you have right now.  You are the team who will celebrate the 60th anniversary of this great U.S. Air Force, so a lot will be expected of you.  Always remember that!  I wish I could be at staging with you guys, but I can't because of school commitments.  Please know that I am thinking of you always and all the priors got yo back (yeah, I meant to say it just like dat!).  Be Blessed.

To WWTC Contestants:
If you were not selected this year, please do not give up on your dream.  There several of us in this program who were not selected our first, second, or third time.  Remember Huey saying that he had to compete a few times before being selected.  You have the perfect opportunity to get back to your base and perfect your craft.  Do what you need to do, so you can compete again.  Come back with the attitude that you can conquer anything.  WORK!  WORK!  WORK!  And when you think you're done, WORK! some more.  Do not let this journey end.  You kinda know what is expected of you. Come back next year with a vengance to make Tops In Blue 2008.  Love you guys.  Each and every one of you should be proud of yourselves.  God Bless!

Naybu

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

That's so awesome.
Congrats everyone!

Quick side note....who's playing bass?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Steve, I wouldn't get too wrapped up with the "who's playing what" thing now...that'll all work itself out in staging. Chief has his way of getting the best out of you even if it's not doing what you thought you'd be doing!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

Oh no problem. I'm totally excited, and I know chief has it all worked out.
I'm just curious to see who my fellow musicians are.

But again, congrats to everyone.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Oh, you'll find out soon enough!  You'll probably kick yourself for being so eager here in a few months when you wind up spending 25/8 (yes that's what I meant) with them.    Very Happy

It's aaaaaaaaaaalllllll good!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy-Johnson-07

MY only question right now is:  "Does the band need UnderArmor or is that just the dancers?" Laughing

TOP View user's profileSend private message   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

First of all

Congrats to all selectees.  Get ready for the ride of your life.

Just to piggy-back ('04, fine me later) on what Kerri said.  Come with the idea that "I'm a memeber of TIB '07" and not I'm a vocalist, bassist or floor mopper.  As my brother, Chris Martinez, will tell you....he auditioned as a sax player and came to staging with that in mind.  When he found out at DAY 1 of Staging that he was a VOCALIST it took a while for his ego to accept that he'd not be spending the next year with his horn around his neck.

Little did he know he end up singing lead and singing country nonetheless.

He never told me this, and I may be speaking out of turn for him, but I really believe that he gained more (personally) from touring as a vocalist than he would've had he been on the sax.

God bless each of you and I look forward to seeing BLUE touch your lives as it has all of us.

BLUE and blessings
Jai
02/04

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian-Martinez-04

You know Jai is right (for once),

I never saw myself as anything other that a sax player before I came to TIB. My experience as a vocalist has helped me in a lot of areas of my life. Because of it, I got more gigs because I could at least lay down some background vocals when not playing. It made me more versatile as a musician. It also helped me with my nervousness when speaking to large crowds. Thanks TIB!!! I never thought I would have so much fun as a vocalist. I'll never forget the experience and the fact that I told Chief at WW that I would do anything on tour. Congrats selectees. It's your tour. Go into it knowing never forgetting that feeling of wanting it from WW.

-Christian
2004 Male Vocalist

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

"Floor mopper"?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

Yeah "floor mopper"....you know, the guy or gal that pushes the broom around towards the end of tear down when everyone else is at the back of the truck.  LOL!!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtney-Marsteller-03/04

Or floor mopper when the bottles fell over in the middle of a show and they were full of powerade

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura-Hopkins-04

Or "floor mopper" when we were performing on Freemont St on the wet stage...  Andrea - a woman who wore many hats!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward-Sherman

This is a big up to my man Steve Froeber from the Osan 05' Alumni Crew!  Congratulations to you on your selection and here's something to remember when you're on your world tour.  If you ever find yourself in a rough spot or two or three, here are three little words you should adopt as your mantra..."Cause your gonna." I think a lot of other folks know what I'm talkin about!!  These words got me and everyone else on my tour through to the end.  May I also congratulate everyone else who made it on this year's team.  Rick, represent for your 03' brothas and sistas!!  Let'em know how we do!!  

Much love to all my Blue family.

P.S. - My thanks to Big E.J. for the inspirational words!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

Thanks Eddie.

Your the man who got me started down this road. I remember the first time you started talking about it, and I was like "that would be sweet."

Osan was awesome. Here's to biking and playing. Good times.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brianpop

Congrats to all that made the '07 Team.  See ya when I see ya.  

Pop

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaToya-Crawford-04

You guys are funny! I remember the lab tubes falling!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal-Solomon-05

Am I mistaken or did I see Brother Bobby's name up there? Way to go my brother!! Represent '05 and keep it real for the Chi! GO BEARS!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buddy-Johnson-07

I found out I'm possibly going to be spending about a week at Charleston AFB the last part of December - anyone know if they have any practice rooms anywhere on or near that base where a guy could blat around on a trombone for a couple or four hours a day without getting jacked up for "Disturbing the Peace"?  (And if you've ever been around when a trombonist was practicing you'll understand about the "Disturbing" part...think "Alert Siren" and you'll have an idea...)

Thanks!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: congrats Reply with quote

leeza z.

hello,
       i just wanted to say congrats to every one that made it. i think that all of you guys did a wonderful job and thats why you guys made the tour. i'm very proud of everyone. keep up the good work and i can't wait to see you all when you guys come to Hickam. Very Happy

P.S.
      I hope all of you have a very Merry, safe and wonderful Christmas.
take care~
Leeza Zeigler!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt-Dechant-04

I think there's some kind of mistake.  I didn't see Lesa Willis on the list for the 2007 team.  Didn't she change her AFSC to TIB51?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: It is true, unfortunately... Reply with quote

Bobby-Washington-Jr-05

Greetings Blue fam. and 07' Selects,

...Wanted to first wish all a safe and prosperous holiday season, worldwide.

This is brotha' Bobby from 05'..."And the Beat Goes On".... stopping thru just to let you know first hand, from the source. As you may have noticed, I have been slelected as a member of 07's team for the drummer's chair,  naturally. Unfortunately, due to the mission and forseen "manning" requirements, I will not be able to join the team as anticipated. As we all are aware, mission comes first.

With that said, I am proud and very confident in the 07' team and have even greater confidence in the support staff family, Chief, Geri, Barry and Ed in finding a very capable replacement, thus making it happen.

Yes, it would have been "good times", however, somethings we have no control over, so you worry not.

Again, congrats and mo' blessings to you all and I will see you when I see you.

Bobby

..."Its All Relative....But, It's Not Negative".....

TOP View user's profileSend private message Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: It is true, unfortunately... Reply with quote

Steve Froeber WWTC06

Bobby-Washington-Jr-05 wrote:
Greetings Blue fam. and 07' Selects,

...Wanted to first wish all a safe and prosperous holiday season, worldwide.

This is brotha' Bobby from 05'..."And the Beat Goes On".... stopping thru just to let you know first hand, from the source. As you may have noticed, I have been slelected as a member of 07's team for the drummer's chair,  naturally. Unfortunately, due to the mission and forseen "manning" requirements, I will not be able to join the team as anticipated. As we all are aware, mission comes first.

With that said, I am proud and very confident in the 07' team and have even greater confidence in the support staff family, Chief, Geri, Barry and Ed in finding a very capable replacement, thus making it happen.

Yes, it would have been "good times", however, somethings we have no control over, so you worry not.

Again, congrats and mo' blessings to you all and I will see you when I see you.

Bobby

Ah man...I'm really sorry about that! I was really looking forward to jamming out with you...

Be safe in your endevours.

Well...band, we're minus a drummer now... Laughing
Are we small enough yet?

Just kidding.

I'm excited to see who Mr. Edwards will pick now...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

Did I see a post from CJ?  Miss ya girl!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal-Solomon-05

Hey B
Sorry to hear that bro, but you're it's about the mission. Keep rockin out. So how about a BEARS vs. COLTS Superbowl?

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: It is true, unfortunately... Reply with quote

Buddy-Johnson-07

Steve Froeber WWTC06 wrote:

Well...band, we're minus a drummer now... Laughing
Are we small enough yet?

Just kidding.

I'm excited to see who Mr. Edwards will pick now...

Dude!  Didn't you hear?  They're going to strap maracas on our feet and teach us to tap-dance!

It will be LEGENDARY!! (with apologies to Neal Patrick Harris.)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

Buddy

Unless they've moved, there's a horn player from '03 at Charleston that might be able to tell you where you can find a place to work on your chops while you're there.

You can probably hit him up on the GLOBAL.  Jeremy "JT" Jordan, SSgt.

BLUE LOVE
jai

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: It is true, unfortunately... Reply with quote

Kerri-Brooks-03

Bobby-Washington-Jr-05 wrote:
...Unfortunately, due to the mission and forseen "manning" requirements, I will not be able to join the team as anticipated...

Bummer, Bobby...I feel your pain, I really do.  There's always next year...'08 is supposed to be the Priors Tour!!  RIGHT K-DUB?!?!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Edick

I am surprised that I do not see lesa's name on the list for "07". I thought see was going to do it for her whole AF career. But oh well good luck to the "07" team. Congratulations Hahn Nugyen glad to see you made it!!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeanette-Jordan-03

Hi Jai Smile! Hope things are going well for you!!!!

Yep, we're still here in Charleston.  JT is going TDY in a few weeks, so I'll be heading up to Ohio with Kay to stay with my parents.  I'd like to go to Dayton in Feb. for the show... we'll see.  

Congrats to everyone that's been selected for 2007!!  RICKY!!!!! You know I can't wait to hear your amazing voice again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe I'll actually make it out to S.A. for WW one of these years.

Much love to everyone... miss you all!!!!
Jeanette

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Congrats Reply with quote

Spencer-Masslieno-Allen-0

Congrats again to all who made it!!  Bloco's (you both know who you are) hit me up!!!

Tamia email me!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Small Band Reply with quote

paul.libby

Steve froeber,

Hey man,  Congrats on your selection.  Do not be discouraged by all the spots not getting filled yet.  It will come together.  You have to trust your management.  
       There have been many tours that were missing key players up until a couple days of the first show!  It will come together.
     Also, just because a band might be smaller in scale to other tours does not mean that they can't be as powerful.  When you get to staging, look up the 2001 tour video.  Those guys only had 4 players on that  stage. See for yourself what TIB was able to do with 4 people.    >Wink

Good Luck
                                     Paul

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic-Amari

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!! Im so stoked to see you all....I miss you all soooo much we are going to have a ton of work to do coming up but its going to be soooooo worth it.. love ya all.

Nic Amari

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Congratulations Reply with quote

chiquita-frazier 99

Congrats to all the new selectees for TIB 2007.  Among all of the advice, cherish the moments that your team will spend together.  It will be some of the best times of your life.  Remember how you felt when you learned you were selected and hold onto that feeling when times get rough!!  Be proud of yourself!!

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Alert Sirens Reply with quote

John Wyman 03/04

This'll be a good team. I'm anxious to see the show. Buddy, it's awesome to see ya made it man... congrats!! And I hear ya on the practicing Trombone thing: many a hanger bathroom has heard the mournful sounds of the great Valve Trombone.

We'll see ya guys when you pass through wherever the heck it is I'll be. Congrats again!

John "J-balls" Wyman
  Valve Bone, '03 & '04

PS: God Bless Lesa Willis. Smile

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » WWTC Selects for TIB » TIB 2007 Selectees
 Page 1 of 1