FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » Kahlil's Movie: Kahlil and the Bee
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 am 

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Kahlil's Movie: Kahlil and the Bee Reply with quote

sirwalt23

Would like to do a big "premiere" of our own for Kahlil in the San Antonio area.

Either Saturday or Sunday, ALL PRIORS in the San Antonio area meet at a movie theater to watch the show together!

This is a proud momment for Kahlil and the TIB Family!

We all know movies are "judged" by the first weekend sales.  Lets show our support for Kahlil by all going to see HIS movie this weekend.

I'm trying to find a theater in San Antonio that will be playing the movie and the times.

Chief, if you could let the "Team" escape for a couple of hours.... I know, I know! (It was worth a try... the Spurs are 2-0..)

If you are interested in doing our own premire... CALL ME:
210-288-8679 Cell
210-671-8266 Work
210-688-7799 Home
www.str8silly.com

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal-Solomon-05

That's "Akeelah and the Bee" right? Now I'm definately going to see it!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

OKay, check out this website to see our famous brother,....who almost killed me is stageing by the way, listed.....http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0437800/fullcredits

K'hill....I forgive you for all the push-ups in the chair, the dance moves until my feet fell off, and the threats of having to wear a open vest for Alladin.....you da bomb baby!!!!!

JD

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Kahlil

Walt,  Thanks man.  You have no idea how much it means to me.  And thanks to the TIB family (too many to name) for the support and kind words.  I promised Chief and TIB at my first end of tour banquet (darn, 1994 seems like ages ago) that I would represent and I meant it.  Keep the prayers comin and I'll do the same.  More dues to pay but no matter the weather we keep it together.

Make It Happen

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Akeelah on DVD! Reply with quote

K

Hi everybody,
Akeelah and the Bee will be out on DVD August 29th.  It will also be released in the UK on August 18th.  The movie did really well and has created several opportunities for myself and the rest of the cast.  Thanks so much for your support and forgive me for not being on the board or in touch more.  Dues gotta be paid.  Jerome Wayne where you at dawg?  Walt, good hearing your voice man.  Ed you're a blessing and Shane get to work.  Marlon and Gary thanks for makin it down to see the gig.  Jai, holla at me fool, you are crazy! Mr. Burch thanks for holdin it down.  Mel Ritz, Lydia and I really enjoyed hangin with you in Vegas.  Keep your doin your thang girl.

TIB 2006 take care and keepin kickin it.  I have no idea how I'll see your show but I will.  Kenny Bruce bring 'em home safe mannnnn!

And now for a quote from our mentor Ed Jones:

'There are no small roles just small people.'

Make It Happen.

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

"Akeelah" was released to DVD last Tuesday.  Even though my brother isn't getting a royalty check I encourage everyone to go to get yourself a copy.  It is a great and inspiring film.

jai

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeanette-Jordan-03

We rented Akeelah & the Bee this weekend... what a great movie.  It was nice to see a movie without violence and crude language for once!  It was cool to see Kahlil too!!  What a great opportunity!  I HIGHLY recommend everyone sees this movie.  

Have a blessed day!
Jeanette

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika-Placencia

\Tottally awesome movie.  I really loved it.  Even my husband liked it.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » Kahlil's Movie: Kahlil and the Bee
 Page 1 of 1