FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » Tops in blue CD
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Tops in blue CD Reply with quote

Christian-Martinez-04

It's funny how anytime I'm feeling kinda down, there's a TIB something to cheer me up. Today, I was feeling real stressed out with having my family here in Louisville and my baby crying the whole time. Then, I walked out to my mailbox and layng there was a copy of the Tops In Blue CD. Immediately, I became nostalgic of my TIB brothers and sisters. The CD was done amazingly well. Great job everyone! After that, my dad (being a huge Bee Gees fan) put in Massachussetts in the car and again it brought me back to TIB ('04 you know what I mean). I really miss you guys out there and all of TIB. Hope everyone is doing well.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

CHRIS

Man, I almost forgot about the Wanna-Bee-Gee's.

I finally was able to listen to the project this past week.  As sick as I was of two consecutive years of "This Is America" I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a bit choked up when the track started.  I immediately found myself back on stage, sweaty/dirty, with no shower and exhausted from a long leg of shows(California Crusher) doing the big step-turns.

What really got me was listening to last last track.  The first time I saw Eddie B deliver that tune I lost it.  This was no different.  Anyone who's had the privilege to go through the struggle that we call a tour will know what I'm talking about.  This tune really conveys the legacy of who we are and I couldn't think of a better vocal to carry it than Eddie B.  He really delivers on this track.  BTW, Eddie B, hit me up!!!

That's my $0.02

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: 50 YEARS AGO... Reply with quote

TaKeesha-Washington-03

I too, got choked up at the start of the cd, and then came the tears, and then the laughter.  Heck, I think I went through the entire range of "tour emotions" listening to that thing!

I am so very proud to be able to say that I had anything to do with a piece of work that's crafted so beautifully.  Just to be part of this organization is life changing, but to finally be able to hear the hearts and souls of some of the many people I look up to in LIFE is priceless!  Naybu, I knew it was you without even looking at the insert!  Your voice is still one of a kind to me.  Edward Lee Jones! (and yes I said the WHOLE name), that's all I'm gonna say.  Enough with the names...The project was truly amazing.

And please don't let me forget the best part...the band!  Were you guys rippin the entire cd or what?  Every note in place!  Great Job!

Before I go, I must say, Eddie B the tears fell hard cause as soon as you started singing for some reason I thought to myself, "He got the words right!"  Flight Chief, I have a problem...Go head wit dem runs boi!  

I miss you all,

No matter what anybody says about you, no matter who you are, no matter where you come from or who you come from--you and you, alone, have the power to take the limits off of your faith and your life and off of God. -- TYLER PERRY

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website MSN Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeanette-Jordan-03

Thank you so much for the awesome Cd's!!  JT and I sat on the couch for hours reminiscing about tour.  Eddie, you brought tears to my eyes!!  We're still looking forward to seeing a tape of the show!  Smile  

Thanks again!!

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Say what???? What CD...who, what, where, when, why, etc.???? Reply with quote

Gerry-Semola

Hey you all (yall),Questiono

What the heck is up with this CD??? Everybody is calling me asking what this CD thing is all about???? Is this for the '03 tour Blue peeps (tour pics?), or is this some promo-deal or what??? Is it for sale???? Who is sending them out????? Can I get one somehow??? Is Marketing asleep at the switch again?????....or WHAT???

Dang.....I hate being left in the dark!Crying or Very sadMadConfusedRolling Eyes What's up wit dat???? Anybody got the skinny on this CD???? Hit me up, or post something so all of us old-heads can see it and or hear it too!

Danke!

Yo-da G! (Sincerely confused, but highly amused!)

[color=red]"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance!" Aight?????
Very HappyWinkCool

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

I'm sure everyone is chomping at the bit to get their hands on this CD, me included.  But, I'm sure that everyone at the Agency, including marketing, are not 'asleep at the switch...again'.  IF and when the CD is available for the general TIB population, I'm sure (though I'm not speaking on their behalf) that AFE will let us know.  Maybe it won't be available for us all and we'll just have to be in the dark.  This may be speculation, but probably the people who did get a copy did so because they were involved.  So, let's be patient and remember that AFE, including marketing, is currently supporting a touring team and gearing up for Worldwide...I'd say they have their hands full right now.

So until we hear directly from AFE, unplug your phone or tell everyone who's calling you to enjoy the dark.

Last edited by Libby-Castle-94 on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamie-montgomery-02/04

Libby, I love you

You are the poop. (that's a good thing....really)

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website Yahoo MessengerMSN Messenger  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » TIB Priors Updates » Tops in blue CD
 Page 1 of 1