FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   Register 
TIB Community Portal
Click here for bulletin board instructions. 
 Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Audio engineer
  The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Audio engineer Reply with quote

james 42

Hello,
 My name is James and i have some questions about filling out the audio production portion on the application. Do I need to list all the equipment by brand name and serial # iv used to create music, or just a general like dynamic processors and ADAT. I'm reel interested in joining TIB. What exactly are they looking for in and audio production application. I am a graduate and have my certificate from The Academy of Recording Arts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libby-Castle-94

James,

Thanks for your interest in joining Tops in Blue.  What base are you stationed at?  I'll work on getting you intouch with a Prior that can help you.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james 42

Tinker AFB Oklahoma

TOP   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christine-Farris-05

Hi James,

My name is Christine and I was in Tops in Blue 05 as the alto sax player and was also on the audio crew. I will be in the Tinker area for a few weeks so if you have any questions, please contact me.

Here is my #:  405-209-8168

Hope to hear from you soon.

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail Yahoo Messenger  BOTTOM
Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Audio Position Reply with quote

Kevin-Wilkins-04

James,
TIB audio engineer is not a recording engineer position. It mostly deals with live sound application, ie sound system set-up, configuration, and FOH and monitor mixing. But you do not have to have a degree to volunteer, and your background would definitely give you a head start in the learning curve. TIB requires you have a good attitude, and a strong desire for hard work (cause there will be plenty of it). On your application, list all the gear you deal with on a regular basis. No need for serial numbers, but if there are specific models you've worked with then include that. Let me know if you have any more question. My email is kevin.wilkins@yokota.af.mil. Talk to you soon.

K-Dub

Master Locksmith and Charter member of the Kube!

Phone: 305-537-5232

TOP View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail   BOTTOM
Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael-Manfredonia-04

Hey James.  I toured with Kevin in 2004 mixing the band, and I'm currently on tour again with the '06 team as the audio director.  He is definitely right in all that he said about the hard work.  Also, like he said just list anything from your background that might be applicable to live sound.  What consoles you've used, any outboard gear, things like that.  Obviously mixing for recording and mixing live are 2 completely different tasks, but atleast you've mixed before.  Trust me, it will definitely help.  If you have any questsions the easiest way to get a hold of me is via a private message here on this board.  Let me know if you need anything else.

04 Audio & 06 Audio

TOP View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address  BOTTOM

TIB Community Portal Forum Index » Joining TIB » Audio engineer
 Page 1 of 1